cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being lied to by O2 both the website and representatives

Anonymous
Not applicable
My experience as a loyal customer.

Saturday walk in to an O2 store after experiencing the handset in Apple Store Leicester. Only handset left in stock was a 6 silver 128gb but wanted the 64 but that's cool I understand that.

Get home do some research to see the same 128GB Silver Iphone 6 available online in stock and if ordered before 12 noon Sunday delivery today (Monday) why not I'm due an upgrade.....

Order pay for the upfront fee.

Tell people you're getting one, pre sell your old iPhone 5s to someone knowing Monday you'll have a new toy!

Get worried Sunday evening as no dispatch confirmation, call but you're closed. So use the chat online function. The first time this crashed and the second time I speak with Harry, who assured me it's showing as in stock still and it would be dispatched today (Monday) for Tuesday delivery. Confused explain the delivery guarantee and he is confused too and said if not today defiantly Tuesday.

Call this morning to double check as website is saying 2-3 weeks on new orders....

Get the disappointment of it must have been a mistake there is zero stock and it will be a back order sale and no estimate of delivery.

Talk about feeling deflated. ....

So I've now cancelled that upgrade, I'll be looking else where now and also my other contract which expires in Feb 15 will definitely be cancelled.

I do not like being lied to and let down, it's not something you'd expect from such an organisation.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

It's been a similar story across all the networks unfortunately. Limited stock which was outstripped by demand.

I've heard in stores employees saying if you pre order the phone you'll get it.

You may be better checking out the high street stores for physical stock or try CPW but they can't offer the Refresh Tariff or buy from the Apple Store.

This can also happen with other phones as we've heard on here too.

Placing the order it shows in stock and then get communication sayings it's not anymore.
Message 2 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

A poor experience and it seems stock levels aren't 'live' so I can understand the frustration. Webchat isn't really any good for account queries and it's much better speaking to them. A lot of people feel let down but in the end it's a supply and demand situation. Moving networks may satisfy your inner anger but just make sure that your chosen network gives you good coverage at home, work and your normal areas of commute. Don't go off the coverage maps as they are a guide only.

Message 3 of 16

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Always the same at iPhone launch time (and some others).... There's never enough to go round 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
i think that the best way to ensure that those who deserve a new iPhone can get one is to only supply people who value an iPhone appropriately. I have been looking at YouTube videos of people's first impressions and none of them are giving the required level of respect to the new iPhone.
This is the correct ritual.
1 wash hands and manicure nails.
2 clear the table ready for the ceremony.
3 place sealed box and small knife on table and pause in reverence.
4 slide knife along the join between box top and bottom and carefully remove plastic film.
5 place box right side up and lift lid allowing the weight of the lower compartment to determine the speed of opening.
6 gaze in awe at the contents before carefully lifting out the phone.
7 very slowly peel back the plastic film, savouring every second.
8 after wiping away the tears of joy, press the power button and prepare for the birth of your new iPhone.
9 slowly go through the set up procedures until your iPhone is ready.
10 allow the waves of joy to wash over you as all is well with the world.
People who don't get what I am saying should save their money and get a phone from any other manufacturer. It will make them just as happy and it will mean that those of us afflicted by the cult of iPhone can get our fix sooner and be happy bunnies 😍
Message 5 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous  Loving your irony....and sense of humour  LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

PS...You did not explain what to do if you experience problems with this revered device...Do you launch it out of the nearest window? tongue

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 16

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Was it ironic, though ? wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can really understand your frustration.......typical O2 sales tactics.

Message 10 of 16