cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been a customer for almost 17 years & they can't match a deal offered by a rival network

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quite disgusted really, I don't believe for a second that they can't drop a few pounds off a tariff if they wanted to.. I will be going to Vodafone for the new Iphone 6. I've been a very loyal customer - always paid my bills by direct debit etc & they can't be bothered to try to price match for me 👎

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Sadly there's no loyalty in business these days slight_frown

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shocking loyalty by O2......they dont deserve your custom

Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
No loyalty nowadays
Its all about the pounds
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I've heard of the retention dept matching deals before. Perhaps ring back and ask to speak to them. They may ask for proof of a particular deal so be prepared to send it to them to take a look.

Ask yourself is it worth migrating for a "few pounds " ?

If you do migrate then here is a help link to retain your mobile number

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...

If you are going to move to vodaphone then please check them out via their Payg sims to ensure you get good signal

Also as a contract Customer you can unlock your phone for free here https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form so you can use other network SIM cards in it.
Message 5 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I really feel your frustration but as @aldaweb says...there is no loyalty in business sadly.

Just make sure your new network gives you a good signal. Best of luck to you...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Competition is a fact of business economics and let's be fair, when customers think they can get a better deal elsewhere they vote with their credit or debit cards. It is not wholly realistic to expect an organisation to always "buy" our custom.

Gerry
Message 7 of 16

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I couldn't see a Vodafone tariff that beat o2 if I'm honest.
Which deal was it?
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too - go right back to the BT CellNet Days...

Asked if they would price match but as I wanted unlimited data and a monthly contract they simple couldn't offer it at any price.... (Oh and I wanted that to include abroad too!).

Three at £15 a month SIM only unbeatable (inc 4G, unlimited txts & international). Only 200 minutes but unlimited data for Skype / Viber anyway....

Bye O2 xxx

Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
It makes sense to go where A, you get good constant signal B, The best deal you can get for your money.
Message 10 of 16