cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated voice system

Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently on hold with O2 feeling quite bemused, the automated service has just asked me for the answer to my security question, however after saying my mothers maiden name and my pets name it told me I was wonrg and put me through to an advisor... Its not the worst voice system I have used, that honour goes to HMRC, but as I suggested to the advisor maybe telling me what the question was would help, because it does litteraly say, "what is the answer to your security question". 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'm not sure I like the sound of that - I hope the adviser rechecks the security questions and answers?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh they did, apparently the question was what was the name of my first school, just it would have been so much more helpful with the actual question being asked by the automated machine. Although I just got a text telling me there was suspect contact activity as one of their contact centres... Maybe becuase I called of a landline.

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Sounds a bit worrying to me....If I have forgotten something like this I have only ever spoken to a human being....nothing automated and I am always prompted by them telling me what the question was....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just considering changing every answer to "how the heck should I know" which is what I muttered at the time

Message 5 of 5