cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atrocious service from UKmail

Anonymous
Not applicable
After reading a few blogs (some of which are on here) I can confirm that it's not just a case of being unlucky when it regards delivery problems with ukmail.

Here's how my day has been, it seems many others are having similar days thanks to o2 using a delivery service substandard to yodel,
- a delivery service who does not provide the advertised services, and who lies to customers.

At around 9 this morning I received a text stating that my order would be delivered between 12:31 and 13:31 (not should be, would be. ) That time came and passed with nothing at my door and no calls. I checked the tracking number and it had been out for delivery since 6am. At ten to two I call ukmail, who assure me the device will be at my house soon, and tell me they will contact the depot and call me back. Not best impressed considering the wording of the text, but that's fine.

Multiple hours pass, it's now half past five. I call up O2, who contact ukmail on my behalf. Ukmail assure o2 (who in turn assures me) that the device will be at my house by 6pm. 6pm comes and goes, still nothing. I call ukmail again and explain the situation. He then explains to me that the driver hadn't even bothered to attempt the delivery, and that the
device was back at the depot as of 20 minutes ago. He then also tells me that they got a reply from the depot 20 minutes after I originally called. Did they call me like they said? Nope.
He explains that he's shocked that the subcontracted driver didn't even attempt delivery as he would not have got paid. I was under the impression that o2 pay for ukmail employees and vans to deliver brand new devices, not subcontractors. Anyway he is explains to me that he can upgrade me to Saturday delivery, and assures me that it will be at my address tomorrow. After the call I check the tracking again only to see that it has been marked as delayed (common practice for ukmail) and that it is expected to be delivered on Monday. I call o2, after explaining she says '' right, let's see what story they've spun this time'' and calls them. After about half an hour she comes back and says that it can't be delivered on Saturday because of '' some construction work going on somewhere'' (what a load of c**p).

So basically I was supposed to get my device today, I spent all day on the phone or looking out of the windows. I missed out on work and lost money. I got lied to over and over again, and my 10.5'' tab was bouncing around some subcontractors boot for 12 hours. I'm appalled by the '' service '' iv recieved so far, and even more appalled to find that this is happening on a regular occasion to o2 customers. O2 clearly know the substandard quality of the ukmail '' service.'' Why are they still using them?? After everything I've read and heard today it's clear that ukmail simply cannot be trusted to deliver devices to customer on time. I don't think it's even going to arrive on Monday. My contract started today, meaning more time on the phone rectifying other people's mistakes and losing out on work. This has caused so much stress that if my device hasn't arrived by Monday, I'm cancelling the contract. Being lied to over and over again makes you feel like a substandard civilian, and this has genuinely ruined my day!

Can anyone shed any light in why this keeps happening to customers and o2 do nothing about it? Like I've said I get better service from yodel.
Message 1 of 61
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and Welcome to the Forum Bemma1

What a terrible experience.

If this was me I'd be putting it in writing to o2 via http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain and to UkMail too. https://www.ukmail.com/need-help/contact-us
Message 2 of 61
60 REPLIES 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and Welcome to the Forum Bemma1

What a terrible experience.

If this was me I'd be putting it in writing to o2 via http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain and to UkMail too. https://www.ukmail.com/need-help/contact-us
Message 2 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks bandofbrothers! I will most certainly be doing that!
Message 3 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks bandofbrothers! I will most certainly be doing that!

O2 / UkMail have now dropped the ball and it now really depends on what they do to rectify the situation to an acceptable resolution for you. 

It can take 28 days for O2 to respond so it's also worth ringing them to have your concerns logged to support any complaint you may make. 

Let us know how you get on please. 

Message 4 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would seem that way, I'll see what happens on Monday and keep my mind off this in the meantime. After which I will get in touch and write to all relevant departments (UK mail don't have a complaint department, what a joke!)

No offence intended but in didn't mean to tap '' accept solution. '' this matter is far from resolved.

Does anyone know why even o2 have to wait for 15 minutes to get in touch with uk mail? And why even then they can't do anything more that we can. It seems UK mail have o2 by the ballies!
Message 5 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
And of course it let you know. Apologies for the typing mistakes, I'm quite irate. I'm actually a writer by trade and I'm pretty ashamed of my tapping ability :')
Message 6 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would assume they have some kind of business dedicated direct line to UkMail.

I agree it's best to put this to the back of your mind and try to enjoy your weekend. And then grab them by the proverbials on Monday 😉

To remove the solution tag then look at the 'Options' in blue and unmark as solution.

Message 7 of 61

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

That's a terrible experience for you without a doubt. It seems there are loads of problems with UK Mail reported on here.

My own experience today was first class. I received a text yesterday to tell me my phone would be delivered today, I then got a text first thing this morning giving me a time between 1pm and 2pm and they duly arrived at 1.20pm.

No consolation to you but in your position I too would be making a formal written complaint. Hope your phone arrives as soon as possible.

Message 8 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
And of course it let you know. Apologies for the typing mistakes, I'm quite irate. I'm actually a writer by trade and I'm pretty ashamed of my tapping ability :')

You post is open to editing for approx 60 minutes from creating the post ,so by again hitting the 'options' button you can select 'edit post'

Carry out any edits and hit the blue post button again. 😄

Message 9 of 61

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

That's a terrible experience for you without a doubt. It seems there are loads of problems with UK Mail reported on here.

My own experience today was first class. I received a text yesterday to tell me my phone would be delivered today, I then got a text first thing this morning giving me a time between 1pm and 2pm and they duly arrived at 1.20pm.

No consolation to you but in your position I too would be making a formal written complaint. Hope your phone arrives as soon as possible.

I was about to mention @jonsie  that you had a really good experience with them. Some do...others don't. I am convinced it is dependent on where you live. I think piperdog mentioned it was a company that was  franchised out.?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 61