cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arent upgrades supposed to give better deals?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Arent upgrades supposed to give better deals?
After 2 years contract on my iphone 5 I am now due for an upgrade:

Below are the prices for a Apple iPhone 6 Plus 64GB Space Grey

Upgrade Price:  Unlimited text/messages, 20GB data, £29.99 upfront and £58 per month

New Customer Price: Unlimited text/messages, 20GB data, £29.99 upfront and £58 per month

Looks exactly the same to me!!

Message 1 of 25
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 operate a fair deal policy where both new and existing customers get the same deals.

You could speak to Retention dept and they may offer you a slightly better deal !

Independent such as CPW can give sweeter deals but can't offer the Refresh Deals.
Message 2 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 operate a fair deal policy where both new and existing customers get the same deals.

You could speak to Retention dept and they may offer you a slightly better deal !

Independent such as CPW can give sweeter deals but can't offer the Refresh Deals.
Message 2 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
That's O2's policy - It's called a "Fair deal for all".....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 25

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Try retentions but loyalty means nothing and it's O2 policy now to offer the same to new and old customers. Not sure they would give any deals on the new iPhone to be honest😕

Message 4 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your replies slight_smile

On my homepage where I click to upgrade it says:

"You can upgrade now. As an existing customer you'll always get our very best deals."

It should say:

"You can upgrade now. As an existing customer you'll always get the same deal as non-existing customers."

Message 5 of 25

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for your replies slight_smile

On my homepage where I click to upgrade it says:

"You can upgrade now. As an existing customer you'll always get our very best deals."

It should say:

"You can upgrade now. As an existing customer you'll always get the same deal as non-existing customers."

I agree!

Message 6 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately the networks rarely offer better deals to existing customers these days. By speaking to the retentions team and "threatening" them with a PAC request may help with negotiating a better deal.

Use a mobile deal comparison website to find out what the other networks are offering as a guide.

Message 7 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, yeah I'm gonna definitely shop around and see where I get the best deal. No particular motivation to upgrade if theres no sweetener!!
Message 8 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope you get the deal that suits your expectations. slight_smile
Message 9 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122818 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

If you do sign up to a new deal, please come back and let us know which one you chose?:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 25