cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps to block numbers

Anonymous
Not applicable

I currently have a Windows Phone (Lumia 1020) and it has an awesome block list feature and it has the power to block calls and even texts from numbers added to the list.

I will soon be upgrading and probs not be choosing Windows Phone as some of the apps I used to use aren't supported on it, such as WAZE and Snapchat.

Anyway what i want to know is - is there any FREE apps out there on iOS/Android for people that you can add numbers to so that they are blocked instantly?

I am guessing there's probs quite a few but I would rather accept recommendations from the community.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Waze is available on Windows Mobile - I've got it on my 925. Snapchat is available with 6Snap and I understand it's quite reliable.
Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Daddydoink wrote:
Waze is available on Windows Mobile - I've got it on my 925. Snapchat is available with 6Snap and I understand it's quite reliable.

Waze is available yes, but it's not as fully supported unlike the iOS and Android versions. It doesn't have some of the awesome features.

As for 6Snap, everytime I use that my account is closed so it's not worth the hassle lol.

Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Most android phones have a call blocker built in already so the answer depends on your ultimate choice of phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well...

I was going to get the iPhone 6S but considering it's price tag at the moment and the demand for £9.99 I am thinking of getting the S6 Edge instead.
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Both of those have a built in call and text blocker.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Really?

Interesting. I know of a 6S plus owner and he doesnt have the feature.
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I can assure you he does.....
http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphone/how-block-number-any-iphone-ios-7-ios-6-3457215/

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8