cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apparently it's not O2's fault... it UK Mail's fault!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got off the phone to O2, (third time today!)... according to their most recent customer services representative, ALL of the pre-orders WERE met and sent out, and it's actually down to UKMail's fault that people aren't receiving their phones today???... interesting that!!!

I pre-ordered at 8am last Friday, was told three times I was guaranteed it for today, I've not had a single text message, not a singe email, or even a single phone call to tell me otherwise... I've been with O2 (though all of it's various name changes) for nearly TWENTY YEARS NOW!!! and never once been out of contract with them!!!... this is just ridiculous...

I've waited in ALL DAY, cost me a fortune in pay, only to be told it's not O2's fault, it's UK Mail's and that they've no way of checking delivery times!!!... (O2, please feel free to listen to my recorded telephone conversation to confirm this!) thank you - 15:59 16/09/2016 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whereas I was told it's down to stock shortage. 

Message 2 of 6

kmcoulson
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 25 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It's absolutely down to stock shortage as EE have the same problem. In all honesty it seems like Apple caused the problem, probably by hoarding stock for their own upgrade program.

My issue isn't with the stock shortage, that seems like it's out of O2 and EEs hands, my issue is with the poor communication and customer service that O2 have displayed.

This was a chance for them to shine with their response to the problem and instead they let us and themselves down.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not had a single text or message to advise of my upgrade either, the service used to be really good but O2 have really gone down in my estimations..

the guy I spoke to yesterday was rude and cocky like i was not meant to be asking for information.

staff are getting rude, service is poor, no text to advise on delivery even tho I paid and arranged on 9th September. 

I am am seriously thinking of coming away from o2 because of the way this has been handled.

they seem to forget that we are customers that keep their business going... you need to be polite and update customers as there are so may other service providers these days.. 

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been with O2 for 19 years (thought Sony Cellnet, BT Cellnet, Genie andall the rest)... I've stayed with them (as a business customer) even after they accidentall billed me £10,600 one month!!!...

But this is GENUINLY the first time I've ever felt like just cancelling my contract and going over to another network...

For any O2 senior managers reading this (which I sincerely doubt they ever will)... but it does just feel these days they they (and their staff) can just laugh in your face, ignore you, treat you like crap, and all because an 'individual' means nothing to them... I think only a mass-migration of customers to a competitors network is the only thing that'll make them look and listen to their customers opinions...

Message 5 of 6

Olamilekan
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 97 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Anonymous I don't believe it is UK mail at all because they shouldnt be advising people it would take 4 - 6 weeks to get their orders. At most it should be about a week to circulate goods to customers to correct the delay .

All networks are blaming Apple for the error so there must be some element of truth in there.

I have just got off the phone to CS & i was advised the plus models are completely out of stock so we should be looking at about over a week if a miracle happens at all that is otherwise as stated 4 - 6weeks delay.

Message 6 of 6