cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling service in shops

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to say that I am extremely disappointed with O2. I have been a customer for 10 years staying faithful for all that time. 2 years ago when I was due an upgrade I was not impressed at all with the service in your shops. I went into Exeter to be told there was a waiting time of an hour to see someone. This was not going to be possible so I went to Taunton on a different day to hear there was 3/4 of an hour wait there but left after waiting 3/4 hour with lots still in front of me in the queue. On the 3rd attempt I finally got to see someone after only half an hour wait.

My Nokia that I got has been well looked after but still has not lasted the 2 years. We have limped along for the last 3 months with no chance of using alot of the features and today believing that I could get my upgrade I merrily went back to Taunton to change my phone, believing that surely there would be a better more efficient service than last time.................................oh no. I arrive in the store to be told that there were 2 in front of me in the queue but that 2 more sales assistants were due in within the next 5 minutes so I would be seen within 10 minutes. Half an hour later there were still only the 2 sales assistances - where oh where were the promised 2 extra?????? I finally get to see someone to be told that my upgrade was due the following day and if I wanted to change that day I had to pay £13. However if I wanted to contact the customer services it would be fine to change that day with no fee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I specifically went into the shop as I wanted assistance in setting up my phone, I do not want to order one to arrive by post. My patience has run thin now. To get to Taunton or Exeter is a 3/4 hour drive for me. Surely something could have been done on the day. Meanwhile to any of my friends, guess you'll have to phone the home phone or facebook me because I still have no new mobile.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

All a bit silly isn't it. We always advise going instore to upgrade to prevent the stress and worry of ordering online or over the phone. Computer says no so that seems to be how everything is decided these days. Whatever did we do before....

Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

All sounds so pathetically stupid and petty to me 'You can do it today if you pay £13?' How damn ridiculous Evil

I would make a complaint @Anonymous Use this link...http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

hi @Anonymous,

Sorry to hear about this experience and I shall share it with the rest of the team to see if anything can be improved in future.

How are you getting on with this? Have you spoken to over the phone?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 4