cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know what Buongiorno is?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a new customer and just got a £1.50 charge on my account for "Buongiorno". No idea why and I certainly haven't downloaded any Apps or Services that would charge onto my mobile account.

I've been trying to contact O2 to ask them but cannot get through on Live Chat or via my mobile - they are annoyingly difficult to contact.

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144187 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Good news slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 39

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Glad you got this sorted. It should be much more difficult to accidentally sign up for these type of 'services'.

Message 12 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

same problem. o2 they told me than number blocked..but next week again charges ((( i think i will finish my o2 contract =((( 

Message 13 of 39

MI5
  • 144187 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You need to follow the advice on the thread. It's not o2's responsibility I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just got two 1.50 charges on my monthly bill from these people and I did not consent to this site at all. Spoke to 02 chat and sell they gave me was their stop no. No help apart from a no. ring which is just a messaging service for this illicit company!!! Contacted phone pay complaint service to lodge a formal complaint, nobody appears to be bothered about helping getting the illegal charges recompensed.!!! So angry how can these people get away with it!!!
Message 15 of 39

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Some information here : http://webappsupport.co.uk/web/uk_itouch_web/contact-us

You need to pursue any claim or complaint through PhonePayPlus who regulate the industry.

Message 16 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here. I probably clicked a link by mistake and then landed up getting charged. No warning. I am amazed that o2 and other operators allow these and endorse these scams. These firrms must make millions due to innocent mistakes and mobile operators allow it to happen and give their customers no protection. I complained online to o2 who were polite and informative but clearly aware it happens all the time. Why doesnt the mobile industry sort and this practice.

Message 17 of 39

MI5
  • 144187 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Why doesnt the mobile industry sort and this practice.

They have a regulator but you must report them or else they can't do anything http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/

Currently using:
Message 18 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have thank you but o2 should do more to protect their customers and not endorse these practices and clearly know its a problem and allow it to continue. Also seems the industry regulator doesnt regulate.

Message 19 of 39

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Clicks can be unforgiving sadly, if it's something regulated in the EU you  might have a claim, but I doubt it.

O2 cannot protect you against every web site in the world unfortunately.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 20 of 39