cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else fed up with poor phone reception

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all is anyone else out there fed up with the terrible phone reception they get with O2?
I am compelled to write this out of frustration with the poor signal I get in the Fetcham Surrey area. On looking on Twitter and talking to many others they all report the same sort of problem.
My wife is with 3 and very rarely has a signal issue.
I would love to know your thoughts and feeling about this because I don't believe 02 are taking people seriously enough.
I have been with 02 for many many years but I don't think that's going to last at this rate.
I very much look forward to hearing from you all
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok my apologies I was of the opinion that this may have been a site that O2 managed and any response that came back was from O2 staff. I didn't realise it was responded to by O2 loving fan boys and girl who were not part of 02.
If this is a forum run by costumers to help other customers please have the courtesy to respond in a polite and non condescending manner I find it both unhelpful rude and patronising.
I put this up as I am keen to understand why so many people I communicate to have problems with O2. As a customer I have every right to air my opinion. Yes your right I do have the luxury to leave if I am not happy and that's something I will consider.
If I am only allowed to air my views as long as they are all positive then sorry I cant do that.
By the way who are you anyway?

I think people responded in they way they did because of the unpleasant tone of your posts.
The majority of us are customers here, there's lots of knowledge to be shared. So if you have problem state it, we'll suggest a solution Or if you have a solution we'll tell you what you think.
But you can see how you will get peoples backs up if you vent and moan.
Message 11 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply but I don't really understand how my email is unpleasant.
I am only stating a fact that the service is poor and people are agreeing with me.
O2 have not resolved my problem and I feel customers need to know about it and for me to understand why 02 are not listening.
This is a forum after all for customers to help each other and its only through airing our frustrations that things get resolved.
I am confused as to why anyone would feel my opinion is in any way offensive. Looking at one response I would say that's a lot worse.
Message 12 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 are starting to share masts with Vodafone:
http://www.zdnet.co.uk/news/networking/ ... -39631266/
Message 13 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Adrian, I don't think you realise how your posts come across. I'm sure you don't mean it.
Message 14 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
I obviously don't and I am sorry if people have felt upset or offended with my point of view. I am still confused as to why anyone would. I am trying to stand up for all those people that feel they are not getting the level of service they would expect from a large business like 02.
I have no idea what I am saying that is causing upset unless people work for O2, love the company.
Please help me out here I have no idea what I have said wrong.
Message 15 of 36

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
O2 are starting to share masts with Vodafone:
http://www.zdnet.co.uk/news/networking/ ... -39631266/

It's a little dated :smileyindifferent:
Vodafone and O2 to share mobile masts
By David Meyer, ZDNet.co.uk, 23 March, 2009 17:08
Message 16 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok my apologies I was of the opinion that this may have been a site that O2 managed and any response that came back was from O2 staff. I didn't realise it was responded to by O2 loving fan boys and girl who were not part of 02.
If this is a forum run by costumers to help other customers please have the courtesy to respond in a polite and non condescending manner I find it both unhelpful rude and patronising.
I put this up as I am keen to understand why so many people I communicate to have problems with O2. As a customer I have every right to air my opinion. Yes your right I do have the luxury to leave if I am not happy and that's something I will consider.
If I am only allowed to air my views as long as they are all positive then sorry I cant do that.
By the way who are you anyway?

I am always polite but sometimes the truth is difficult to swallow and therefore I can appear to have a rough edge...at times! wink
However, do a search on my username, right back to the beginning and see if I fit your fanboy stereotype.
If I thought you had a genuine complaint or grievance I would try to help, but you don't! I live in a poor signal area and as a result our £90 per month to O2 results in about 2000 wasted minutes per month.
I pay for the "maybe I might need the minutes" factor and the generally excellent reception I receive away from home.
I have moved away from O2 in the past because I moved to a poor reception area. It is about going with the flow and doing something about it, rather than ranting at O2, via a customer forum.
Message 17 of 36

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Exactly, as usual AF hits the nail on the head.
In the original post you say your wife has a good signal with 3, yet you've stayed with O2 for "many many years", well why aren't you with 3 as well?
It would seem the logical solution, we can only offer advice on the information given.
You must have known this was a customer forum as you said "I look forward to hearing from you all", now does that sound as if it were directed at O2?
And by the way - who are you?
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 18 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Exactly, as usual AF hits the nail on the head.
In the original post you say your wife has a good signal with 3, yet you've stayed with O2 for "many many years", well why aren't you with 3 as well?
It would seem the logical solution, we can only offer advice on the information given.
You must have known this was a customer forum as you said "I look forward to hearing from you all", now does that sound as if it were directed at O2?
And by the way - who are you?

grin That did cross my mind!!
Me? I am William Wallace and I can shoot fireballs from my eyes and bolts of lightning from my a***, but that is a total aside from the question of O2's reception! grin

This is called informed choice. It is there when I need it and I know I don't miss the £45 every month. Poor signal areas suck, but it is my choice to live with the cows and sheep! I won't be ranting at O2 for the choices I make but I will rant at them if they let me down and don't do their utmost to sort things! Believe me!
af
Message 19 of 36

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
@AF I hope you don't think my post was aimed at you!
It was directly to the OP. wink
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 20 of 36