cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else disappointed with 02?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay so I've been an 02 customer for 4 years and have never yet considered changing networks until now.

Until recently ive only been able to view my bills online and my credit allowance, which i find would have been usefull at the beginning of my contract when i would have known im going over. This isn't so much my problem but could have saved me a little cash.

So on the topic of money, the last 2 years ive had a contract and find that value for money is well... shocking at best. i had a sony ericsson w850i on £20 a month contract for m first year with 50 minutes and 200 texts, which didnt bother me so much because i liked the phone, but even so, the credit allowance is nothing, i always went over.

So they offer me a new contract after a year telling me i can have any handset i want, so i chose the LG viewty... only to have the reply... we cant offer you that on your contract we can only give that to you on a £25 a month contract, fair enough.... except ive been paying for a £30 a month contract, so over the last year I've overpaid by £60. whts even worse is the 200 minute and 400 text allowance. Checking other networks ive found that you can get up to 4 times as many minutes and unlimited texts for the same price ahnd pretty much any handset going.

Which brings me to my final point and that is 02 you have failed in my eyes, and come march on my renewal there better be a change or you will find yourself 1 customer short, and a vote for your competitors. Thanks for the year of misery.
Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
I always enjoy reading forums especially when customers don't take any responsibility of the situation themselves.

If someone gives you and allowance you are allowed to use then it's your responsibility to stay within that allowance unless you are prepaired to increase your tariff (thus to cope with a more excessive usage).

If you want to get a specific handset on the lowest tariff possible, then the retentions department will offer you that. However, if you arent going to contact O2 to check why you have went over your allowance and to see if by increasing your tariff by £10 per month - you'll end up benifiting by this then, you havent got a right to complain.

If you are subject to a 12 month contract then you could increase your contract but you would have to stay on the new tariff (iff increased) until the 9th Month of your contract.
Message 31 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
I call retention last week and confirm my Iphone will be deliver on Wednesday. Waited and phone not deliver!!!! Call retention and told that the set is not in. Retention told me to call very day to check the availability!!!!

Why retention have to lied that the phone will be delivered and waste my time to be at home for the delivery!!! Retention even confirm that I have to pay a higher insurance premium and which I agreed.

Why can't retention get the info correct. Will moved to other provider if they can't keep their promised by week end.
Message 32 of 41

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,

It seems that there are lots of us out there who are having problems with these SBE rogues.

Firstly they returned someone else's phone to me (which was water damaged)... Had to complain, took ages to send it back etc etc...

Anyway, I have received my phone back now, still not repaired... It now has a huge crack in the screen and has their stock 'water damaged cant fix' letter attached with another pointless photo showing nothing other than a circuit board.

I have lodged a complaint online at watchdog... http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/ and I would urge everyone to do the same (this week if possible) if they have had something similar to this. It takes Five minutes.

O2 really do need to address this issue of SBE. It is simply not good enough.
Message 33 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
So i get a text saying my contract is ready for renewal. i ring some number they leave to check my options. the woman asks me wht new phone upgrade i would like, so i tell her ive found better contract, she replies saying she will forward me to retentions. So anyway after a 10 minute wait i get through, the woman asks for my details, i tell her the previous woman said she could match the offer i found. In reply she tells me im too early for a price match :S to which i ask how, and she says im 3 days early for my contract renewal so she cant do a price match, i have to ring bck in 3 days, so i say its rubbish im going to change provider, and all she says is okay, thanks for calling 02, goodbye.

Bearing in mind these phonecalls are not free from my mobile. Also their customer service is rubbish if someone is contradicting the other by telling me its too early, after being put through to them. And clearly they dont value me as a customer. Thanks 02.
Message 34 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
o2 Customer Services is free from your mobile? Dial 202 and no cost? Also why not just wait 3 days and probably get a better contract from retentions instead of a new customer contract from another network?! You need to get your PAC code so see what happens..
Message 35 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry if it wsnt clear super, what i was trying to say was that the number they told me to ring from my mobile was an 0800 number, which isnt free obviously. And also yes i was then aware i was 3 days early, but for the woman to say it was okay, and put me through to retentions only to be on hold for 10 minutes nd find out that i cant do what i intended to do rather annoyed me. And i plan to ring retentions, but if all they are going to do is match the offer, i will go through the effort of changing network as 02 customer service is below satisfactory.
Message 36 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
my dads on virgin mobile payg with no monthly plans but he gets a free upgrade every 6 months even though hes only been with them for 2 yrs. ive been with 02 for 6 yrs and not once have they offered me anything!!!!!!
Message 37 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
my dads on virgin mobile payg with no monthly plans but he gets a free upgrade every 6 months even though hes only been with them for 2 yrs. ive been with 02 for 6 yrs and not once have they offered me anything!!!!!!

O2 don't phone you up and offer you a £500 handset for £50, you have to wait until the end of your contract and then phone up and ask for it. That is no different to most businesses that offer an incentive to join them.
Message 38 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you redeem your rewards points using a different phone number which is with vodafone. Run out of internet on my o2 number and i cant seem to find a way to redeem my points whichvi collected unless i have internet. I dont . plz help??
Message 39 of 41

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If the number inow with Vodafone you lost any rewards for that number. You can't transfer rewards to another number I'm afraid.

http://www.o2.co.uk/shop/paygotopup/10backontopups

Message 40 of 41