cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else disappointed with 02?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay so I've been an 02 customer for 4 years and have never yet considered changing networks until now.

Until recently ive only been able to view my bills online and my credit allowance, which i find would have been usefull at the beginning of my contract when i would have known im going over. This isn't so much my problem but could have saved me a little cash.

So on the topic of money, the last 2 years ive had a contract and find that value for money is well... shocking at best. i had a sony ericsson w850i on £20 a month contract for m first year with 50 minutes and 200 texts, which didnt bother me so much because i liked the phone, but even so, the credit allowance is nothing, i always went over.

So they offer me a new contract after a year telling me i can have any handset i want, so i chose the LG viewty... only to have the reply... we cant offer you that on your contract we can only give that to you on a £25 a month contract, fair enough.... except ive been paying for a £30 a month contract, so over the last year I've overpaid by £60. whts even worse is the 200 minute and 400 text allowance. Checking other networks ive found that you can get up to 4 times as many minutes and unlimited texts for the same price ahnd pretty much any handset going.

Which brings me to my final point and that is 02 you have failed in my eyes, and come march on my renewal there better be a change or you will find yourself 1 customer short, and a vote for your competitors. Thanks for the year of misery.
Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another reason 02 need to pick their act up, clearly they do not advertise forums well enough on the site for people to find them, as my post qualifies for a mere 35 views and no replies in a day. Way to go 02, way to treat your customers well.
Message 2 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
oooo look now its 43 views.
Message 3 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
44 actually grin
Message 4 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, you are right. 02 have REALLY rubbish packages and poor offers compared with their competitors. I was quite chuffed when I renewed my 18 month contract with 02 and got another package and more thrown in for less, until my girlfriend did the same, got a LOT more for a LOT less and a nice new handset (free) with orange. I did contemplate changing, but I know 02 always works in my house whilst orange and some other providers don't or there is intermittent reception. So thats the main reason why I didn't.

Thing is, they've always been like this, they've always been behind in the market so I guess they always will and people will always go to them....
Message 5 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
LOL

some of you can be so sarcastic, obviously the views are going to go up.

And im glad someone agrees with me on the package deals and contract renewals, its beginning to get on my wick that im getting a worse deal after being with them for 4 years than if i just joined any other network.

And yes they do have good reception, however comparing with friends i found that 3 have the best reception. But thats a different matter.
Message 6 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally I think you are talking rubbish. If you are upgrading your phone did you speak to retentions who offer far better deals? My deal is unbeatable on any other network (as a new customer) after I went through retentions.

Also their new customer deals are fairly reasonable, judging by your minutes/texts I presume you are on a 12month contract? Nowadays these are not very good and you get much better value for money tariff-wise on an 18month contract. Every network has their positives/negatives, I would say o2 are the best network at the moment with their limited phone branding, discount on broadband etc.
Message 7 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh, 146 views!! grin
Message 8 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have only been with o2 for about a month now and i think there customer service is rubbish. They say they will contact you and never do. i also dontthink they are helpfull
Message 9 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree with your point about rubbish packages! I upgraded a few months ago and was told that as my contract no longer existed with it being 12 months i could not have any phone for free as i was going to be seen as a new customer. This really annoyed me because after a couple of years i expected to be rewarded not discarded my bills were always stupidly high my line rental being £25 but bills about £80. Eventually they decided if i went on a £35 a month 18 month contract i could have the Viewty for free and a bolt on so chose unlimited internet. Great for me as i used internet on my N95 all the time but my bills were still coming out at £80 so queried this and was told internet bolt on was never applied and i could only be reimbursed £7.50 which i accepted as i did not want to argue with the girl on the phone (its not her fault after all) and since that call my bolt on has been added so they have redeemed themselves very slightly!
Message 10 of 41