cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android "marshamallow" the latest!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Our Lollipop days are over. Nearly so. Google has announced its latest Marshmallow operating system and we hear that some phone makers are rushing to get their phones updated with the latest architecture before the entire lot comes rushing in.

But who's going to get it is the question, to which we got a few answers today.

Samsung, the flagship brand of Android devices, has reportedly earmarked the list of devices that will receive the Marshmallow update in the coming days. These are the Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S6 Duos, Note 4, Note 4 Duos, Note Edge, Galaxy Alpha, Galaxy Tab A and the recently launched Galaxy S6 Edge+ and Galaxy Note 5.

However, a surprise deletion from the list is the Galaxy S5, Samsung's flagship phone before the S6 phones arrived. It was the last flagship phone that contained a microSD slot and a removable battery, and is still popular amongst Samsung's loyalists. Samsung has recently confirmed that more devices will receive the Marshmallow update in due course, so the Galaxy S5 is still in with a chance along with the Galaxy A series phones.

LG has also confirmed that its G2, G3 and G4 smartphones will receive Marshmallow, but made no mention of the G Flex 2 which was launched at Mobile World Congress in March this year.

Even though HTC hasn't made an announcement yet, several new devices like the One M8, One M8s, One M9 and the One M9+ will receive the Marshmallow update, thus bypassing the Android 5.1 update which was rolled out recently.

be back soon with what all devices will receive the update in the coming days and what new features will come with the new operating system which will rival iOS 9 and Microsoft's Windows 10 towards the end of the year.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for posting this.....its a benefit to me

Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

Interesting article but it's etiquette to publish the source if you are quoting it.

Message 3 of 8

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for posting this, but make sure to include a link if you see some news from another site slight_smile

Cheers

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144285 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

Community guidelines:

9.  Proprietary rights

Do not submit anything that infringes trademarks, copyrights or any other proprietary rights of any person or company.

Additionally @Anonymous as you have already told us you work as a business advisor for O2, you need a disclaimer in your sig...... 

12.  Staff members posting

Some members of the Community are O2 staff but post in an exclusively personal capacity. If you are an O2 staff member, you will need to include the following statement in your signature: “I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.” If you need help with this, send Toby a private message.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Just returned to this thread and find some posts have been deleted?

I am sure we had a link here regarding the original article.......?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

i advised that I work for a business partner a 3rd party... I am NOT o2 Direct and never stated otherwise...

Message 7 of 8