Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Pay now available in the UK

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

Android Pay is now available in the UK, the application can be downloaded from the UK Google Play store. I have downloaded and sucessfully added cards from my providers.

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do, yes. 

Message 41 of 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
@jonsie couldn't get it working on his Note 4 either - have you given the app permissions to use all it needs?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 42 of 46

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I'm going to try again now as the Note 4 is running marshmallow but it's not a big deal for me as there are no stores in Thailand that are set up for contactless payments so I may know if it works or not.

Message 43 of 46

TopperGas
  • 30 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It seems a bit hit or miss on my Samsung Galaxy S4, whereas my contactless credit card works everywhere and I'm told Apple Pay works OK on pay terminals where my phone doesn't. As things stand it's so unreliable you couldn't rely upon it to leave your credit/debit card at home which surely defeats the whole purpose of Android Pay? Although it's good to get an instant notification of the payment on your phone when it does work.
Message 44 of 46

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

It seems to work ok in two stores ok but I don't even try it if there's a queue behind me. The debit cards work fine in any store.

Message 45 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried in two different petrol stations for fuel in my bike so below the £30 threshold and first time didn't recognise the card details and the guy at the till said no one had got it to work not even the most manager and time it wouldn't even see the phone locked or not.
Message 46 of 46