Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An Update

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

As some of you know I had issues with O2 Repair (Anovo UK) and was so incensed I complained officially to them. Well 5 business days have well and truly passed and I have no official response back from them. Maybe I never get them any relevant details or something however it's still pretty poor.

Anyway after a factory reset and things, it's came good. I already paid quite a lot for them to receive it and fix it for me, so I don't want to go through all of that again. 

So my advice to anybody is be careful what you do with your handset, as O2 Repair are not as great as they make out. This forum is scattered with many complaints about them however I don't like making a fuss.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally i prefer to send my devices back to the manufacturer.
Message 2 of 45

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @anticpated 

So pleased it all came good for you in the end...(by doing it yourself it seems)...

Certainly a timely warning about Anova...:smileywink:

Totally poor practice that you have had no reply to your complaint....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi anticpated

True many including me advise to go to the manufacturer as a recommended route.

One of the reasons why I buy into Apple as Customer Support and Service are unsurpassed.

I'm glad your phone has 'come good ' after the reset.
Message 4 of 45

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Funny I did contact LG and was all set for sending them the phone and copies of the letters. In the end it seemed a fruitless exercise to send them a working handset in a claim where the original repair people said it was unrepairable/tampered with.

There needs to be a distinct difference made between software and hardware faults. Rooting is not doing anything technically wrong; alas I never needed to nor do I wish to do this. As my LG G2 will be receiving Android 5.0 next year at some point.

The whole point of Android was not to lock people into one software ecosystem and give them options. Anyway happy days, never mind be more dog, how about just stop screwing people over with pretentious claims and doing nothing when it counts.

Message 5 of 45

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

@Anonymous 

As much I don't like how Apple operate, the built-in warranty support is certainly a godsend for those dependant on their devices. If only Google could offer such a service, oh well all is good in the hood.

Message 6 of 45

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Remember you get a free 2nd year warranty though anticpated wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes Apple are good at what they do.

It would be nice if they offered longer without having to purchase Apple Care +

It's nice having a 2 year manufacturer warranty as standard , if the manufacturer support it as well as Apple do their own. 😄
Message 8 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Surely through the Sales of Goods Act and also the Supply of Goods and Services Acts. ......

When you take out a contract (with o2) you are taking on a 2 year commitment where you are liable to pay the charges for the equipment. For non refresh contracts you won't actually OWN the handset until you have made all 24 monthly payments therefore regardless of manufacturer warranty you are covered by o2.

For refresh you should be covered for 2 years or whenever you pay off your handset whichever is sooner UNLESS your contract states otherwise.
Message 9 of 45

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Much discussed previously and a guide was written by Adam, one of our members, here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Guide-Differance-between-SOGA-and-warranty-exten...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 45