Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An Update

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

As some of you know I had issues with O2 Repair (Anovo UK) and was so incensed I complained officially to them. Well 5 business days have well and truly passed and I have no official response back from them. Maybe I never get them any relevant details or something however it's still pretty poor.

Anyway after a factory reset and things, it's came good. I already paid quite a lot for them to receive it and fix it for me, so I don't want to go through all of that again. 

So my advice to anybody is be careful what you do with your handset, as O2 Repair are not as great as they make out. This forum is scattered with many complaints about them however I don't like making a fuss.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

A very contentious point and Apple can seemingly get away with it legally. Until we see some test cases in the courts it would seem Apple are justified in their stance....

Message 11 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
From Apples Site -> http://www.apple.com/uk/legal/statutory-warranty/

Seems Consumer Law comes into effect.

"As such, the Apple One-Year Limited warranty benefits are in addition to, and not instead of, rights provided by consumer law." From http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/uk-ireland-universal-warranty.html

All quite conusing to the person on the street and me. 😄
Message 12 of 45

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 13 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
The voluntary manufacturers warranty.

I'm no armchair consumer / warranty lawyer and have not undertaken any courses so cannot state but as they say (Apple) "LAW
The Apple One-Year Limited Warranty is a voluntary manufacturer's warranty. It provides rights separate to rights provided by consumer law, including but not limited to those relating to non-conforming goods."

I'm assuming the warranty say Samsung apply is also a voluntary warranty too.

Something I've said before is its fine having a warranty as long as the manufacturer themselves don't hide behind it when something goes wrong.
Message 14 of 45

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I think it's a horrendous get out meaning either party involved in a repair maintenance authorisation can literally just be facetious and bend the rules, as long as leniency can be exercised under the rules. People we've all be done by wisdom and deviants of the law. [Grabs Stake]

Message 15 of 45

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@anticpated wrote:

I think it's a horrendous get out meaning either party involved in a repair maintenance authorisation can literally just be facetious and bend the rules, as long as leniency can be exercised under the rules. People we've all be done by wisdom and deviants of the law. [Grabs Stake]

A lot of sense in that....I must be drunk😂

Message 16 of 45

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I think it's a horrendous get-out as it means either party involved in a RMA process can literally just be facetious and bend the rules, as long as prohibtion can be exercised. People we've all been done by the wisdom and deviance of the corporate rule. [Grabs Snickers]

Better? Bouncy

Message 17 of 45

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Much....😉

But the point remains that of all the major manufacturers, only Apple it seems have insufficient confidence in their product warranty wise.

Message 18 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

A very contentious point and Apple can seemingly get away with it legally. Until we see some test cases in the courts it would seem Apple are justified in their stance....

In the thread linked to by mi5 I think this link clears up all the legal aspects http://www.access-legal.co.uk/free-legal-guides/whats-the-difference-between-a-guarantee-and-a-warra...

This paragraph

"

The EU position

There has been some confusion of the impact of European law with regards to warranties. A common misunderstanding is that a business must give a two year warranty. This is not the case. The confusion has arisen over the translation and the use of the word 'warranty'.

The EU law actually entitles people to have a 'right of action' against a business for two years. English law protects consumers more than this and allows a person to bring a claim within six years, some four years longer than required by EU law."

Source a law firm

Message 19 of 45

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

It's a legal minefield @Anonymous . The consumer really needs clearer understanding of this field. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 45