Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I Popular with o2 or What!

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Ok folks I've just spent a lovely 20 minutes chatting to a CS advisor (and I'm not being sarcastic!) as a result of a text sent to me.

The text informed me that I was due for an upgrade (I do know this) and to arrange a call from o2 to discuss.

Now I've recently changed my contract to sim-only increasing my data allowance for both my phone and tablet but reducing my monthly payment substantially. And at the time I did say that I didn't want a new phone as there was nothing available that interested me. I want to wait and see what Samsung bring out next first.

So you will understand my surprise at receiving this text. Now I'm not complaining as I did have a lovely chat - 5 minutes about upgrading (or not) and the rest of the time non-o2 related subjects.

People have been raging in the Community about the lack of communication from o2 and quite rightly. Yet here I am happy as a clam with my old device and new contract and o2 just can't leave me alone.

Oh what it is to be so loved. 😂

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
That's nice...
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Call me cynical but most companies are good at communicating when they want your money! 

Message 3 of 6

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
No @jonsie you're not cynical just realistic. I'm no fool of course they are looking to get more money from me. But if they'd done their homework they'd know that I've recently changed to a new sim-only contract with a deal I'd be an idiot to alter just days after agreeing it.

I may be old but I'm not senile! 😂
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

The text you received was more than likely computer generated.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 6