cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerial Direct - Pretending to be O2 & Adding Mobile Broadband

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Mum has been ripped off by a company called Aerial Direct   http://www.aerial-direct.co.uk/#1

They called her and she thought they were o2, they said she was due an upgrade and she told them she deals with a local company and will be going to see them in the next few days, they said as she was a loyal customer she was entitled to a discount of £5 per month and they could put this on for her straight away, she agreed. They upgraded her for 2 Years without giving her a phone, and even worse they added on a mobile boadband sim card to her account which she didnt need and there was no mention of, so she is actually paying more!

She is contacting  O2, Trading Standards, ofcom and watchdog to see what she can do, but I think o2 need to deal with this company urgently, I have looked on the internet and there seems to be lots of people with similar issues.

Come on O2 - Aeriel Direct are a rouge company and they are representing you and repeatedly doing the same thing 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Search the forum for our feelings about Aerial.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Under distance selling regulations she should have a 14 day cooling off period - simply contact them if she is in the 14 day period and tell them she wants to cancel.

Message 3 of 18

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Under distance selling regulations she should have a 14 day cooling off period - simply contact them if she is in the 14 day period and tell them she wants to cancel.

Except that Aerial know this and put people on business tariffs which don't have that level of protection - they are out and out con artists - no other words can describe them!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not again sneaky con artists, should be stopped
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

So what approach should the OP take - have others successfully fought this?

Message 6 of 18

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The only success stories we've heard of involved 02 forum staff getting involved with the case.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 18

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Absolutely diabolical company who persist in these underhand shady business ethics and are laughing all the way to the bank. Something needs to be done to stop this company continuing to exploit people.

Message 8 of 18

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It's normally only 7 days, O2 offer 14 but they don't have to.

Aerial needs to be stopped from doing this, it's wrong on so many counts and they're using underhand methods.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 18

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@Toby
Giving feedback to whomever is one thing, but can you please relay stories like this (which are common) and get these con merchants (sorry, trusted partners) off o2's books asap.
What they are doing is ILLEGAL and doing so in the name of O2 with full permission.

Message 10 of 18