Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding another phone to my iPhone account

Anonymous
Not applicable
Greetings

I wonder if anybody can answer this.

I'm trying to add a second phone to my current main account that I've had for years for the Mrs. As I read on the website this is entirely possible.

I rang to order this firstly I was told that the advisor was not sure but she'll check and the next thing I know I'm talking to somebody else who wasn't really clear what she was doing, I asked her twice if she was adding this phone to my account to which she replied yes. I was weary about this and had a feeling it was a brand new separate account she was setting up. Turns out I was right.

So before I ring customer accounts later today I want to be armed with information regarding 2 phones on 1 account.

Firstly is this possible, does anybody have 2 phones on 1 account?
Is there a credit check for the second phone or is it just a case of adding the phone? I found the credit check strange since I've had the account for years and never ever missed a payment.
Any other info I should be asking for regarding this?

Would it be easier to visit an O2 store instead of trying to speak to customer services?

Thanks for any help.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes you can have more than one line, it wont be under the same account though so the bill dates will be different but otherwise its ok.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
While it might not be possible to have the same account number for each line, it is possible that you can have the same log in details for your online account and view the details for each number via a drop down menu after you log in to your account.

As far as the credit check goes, in store it refers us to ring credit and risk, and they just check that there is 3 months 'clear billing', which basically means if you have paid your bills on time for the last 3 months, there should be no problem.

I suggest you pop into your local O2 store, mention you already have an O2 account, and they should just do the necessary for you.

Hope this helps
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are there any savings in doing this, my question is based on adding a new phone but will there be any reduction in charges or is it purely the same as having two seperate accounts in the final analysis?
Message 4 of 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
will be the same amount as 2 seperate accounts
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 5