Did you mean: 

Accessory review: Samsung Level on.

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

20150629_170748-1.jpg

The style headphone market is saturated to bursting point with big name brands, yet finding a quality sound is a lot harder than finding a good look. Has Samsung's "Level" range delivered on its premium sound promise, or is this just a poor attempt at overpriced junk?

Let's find out.....

Here's ya box

20150629_170539.jpg

And a quick flip cover later we find the inner carry case containing the headphones.

20150629_172735.jpg

A quick unzip later and we get to the nitty gritty.

20150629_170701.jpg

As you can see, a nice, compact folding design. Made primarily of ABS with metal reinforced band and mechanics...

20150629_170850.jpg

20150629_170927.jpg

The leather (style?) Trim is very very comfortable and keeps the headphones from pressing too hard on the ears or head, they are also super light meaning they won't become overbearing too soon.

So, they certainly look the part, they feel the part, but what about sound...

For point of reference I shall be comparing these against my Sony ZX610's which, while are cheaper by a fair margin, produce an amazing sound for my taste.

The Samsung level ons produced a far wider range of sound and delivered it in great clarity all through the volume levels, where on the Sony the sound would also be good at full level, the level ons carried the quality to a much higher volume level. Hi res audio seemed to sound clearer than on the Sony headphones and individual instruments seemed more defined on the level ons.

Bass is very well driven and I found myself turning the bass down from the sound controls on the phone as it just was too bassy. Even so, with this bass, no mids or highs were missed and the sound was constantly clear.

3d surround modes work well on these and if set up correctly, you could really immerse yourself in the music or video you were watching.

The provided controls had no problems or lag when communicating with the phone and I found them easy to use blindly, if anything tho, I found them placed too close to the end of the cable which would either have the controls too close to the phone or the headphones. 

Overall I feel the headphones deliver on the premium sound they promise and could happily recommend them to friends. At a price range of £100-£150 there's plenty of choice out there, but getting the quality is paramount over getting the look.

Luckily for me, with the Level on , I got both...

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Another excellent review @viridis . I don't use headphones at all nowadays but I can still appreciate reading about new developments.,

As a matter of interest can these be used with any device including your PS4? I ask, as the grandson has the XBox one?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 17

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I'll let you know...
Message 3 of 17

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
A very well written and original review.
Nicely done.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 17

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Yes they work fully on ps4 @Cleoriff not sure about the inferior one.
Message 5 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Yes they work fully on ps4 @Cleoriff not sure about the inferior one.

Not getting into a PS4 v Xbox One fight....Will leave that to you gameboys...Drum

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

By the way (and a little off topic) you seem to be in possession of a hell of a lot of gadgets...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 17

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

By the way (and a little off topic) you seem to be in possession of a hell of a lot of gadgets...:smileywink:

Not really, when I get something it normally replaces another. And i hunt for good deals.

These are different tho as I got em on a good offer...

Message 8 of 17

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

I do use earphones regularly both for music and phone calls on the phone an for the TV too with the volume ramped up due to suffering from tinnitus and I would dearly love to try these. Unfortunately I think the quality would be somewhat lost with my disability. 

A brilliant review though @viridis, enjoyed it.

Message 9 of 17

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Lovely job @viridis

They're much more compact than I thought they'd be, but thats a good thing slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 17