cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely TERRIBLE customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to get a PAC code to move to a new service provider. I rang yesterday at 6pm and got a recorded message saying they were closed - despite the published opening times being up to 9pm.
I rang again today and I am still on hold waiting for one of their "UK Based advisors" to become available. 1 Hour 32 minutes so far - How much Take Than on jold music can you take?
I tried emailing but got a standard reply which tells me to ring the phone number that I am still waiting on
Message 1 of 120
119 REPLIES 119

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Liquid, 

Haha, I thought it was only me that does things like that. I always try to get them to join my imaginary cult.

I used to use that phone call and many others when I used to be a trainer.

Message 61 of 120

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Haha I may have to steal that one:)

My favourite was cold calling about a home phone offer. I proceeded to explain that I didn't have a home phone(whilst talking to them on it) bless them they actually apologised for the error grin
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 62 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

The other one I use is to pretend my house is a brothel and shout out things like 'its £100 for the night for the fat sweaty one but she will do anything'

Message 63 of 120

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
I go for the time waste..

1... sound quite interested
2... tap the table and say... excuse me someone at the door
3.... sit down and enjoy the tv while they r waiting for u to return slight_smile
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 64 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so if you cancel your existing contract, you'll just find another one that can increase their prices? That's not the point. The point is when you are promised the price is fixed (at which point you were misled), if you want to leave a fresh 24 month contract to find a better deal, you assume you are stuck which you may well be but what if you could leave that contract, find a better deal, on a monthly contract which you can leave any time with just 30 days notice?

No matter what O2 may claim now, by allowing me onto their network and taking my money, they accepted the terms and conditions I signed at the time. At no point have they advised me of a change in the terms of a contract which is to everyone's disadvantage (this isn't just about the money) so my original contract stands and as O2 will have now been deemed to have accepted it.

8.3 If this Agreement is ended during the Minimum Period, you must pay the monthly subscription charges up to the end of the Minimum Period. This does not apply if you end the Agreement for the reasons in paragraph 8.4.
8.4 You may end this Agreement at any time by giving us notice if:
(a) we break this Agreement in any way and we do not correct the situation within 7 days of your request;
(b) we go into liquidation or a Receiver is appointed over our assets; or
(c) we increase any of the Charges for the elements of the Service you are using or change this Agreement to your disadvantage. In this situation paragraph 8.3 will not apply

This from the contract I've signed, I've not been given 30 days notice of any change and I'm  less than 30 days into this contract so I can't even be deemed to have accepted (something that I'v not been advised of)

For all those who have this contract and like me, have not been advised of a change in terms, the above is your get out of jail free card, no matter how much O2 will try and pin the blame on a third party, just like you who will have been advised to read the contract, ignorance is no excuse.

If I don't want to accept this price change and/or the revised terms, then the above gives me the right to cancel without being held to the remainder of the contract. With this new found knowledge, I now know better and will never take out another 24 month contract, just cancel this one a take on a a cheap sim only, monthly deal and my get of of jail free card is the contract I signed ...

8.3 If this Agreement is ended during the Minimum Period, you must pay the monthly subscription charges up to the nd of the Minimum Period. This does not apply if you end the Agreement for the reasons in paragraph 8.4.
8.4 You may end this Agreement at any time by giving us notice if:
(c) we increase any of the Charges for the elements of the Service you are using or change this Agreement to your disadvantage. In this situation paragraph 8.3 will not apply

Message 65 of 120

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Where does it say "fixed price" I'm not trying to be an arse I just believe a lot of people are misleading themselves and are making rash decisions as a result.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 66 of 120

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I think it is worth noting that the wording in this guy's contract appears to be different (maybe because it came via Tesco?), however, it does not mention the clause which states "in line with inflation" but very loosely states "to your disadvantage". It could quite conceivably be argued, that no matter how small, any increase is to the persons "disadvantage".....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 67 of 120

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Thing is, o2 are giving more than 30 days notice that a price increase in line with inflation is coming. Unlike certain others who give the minimum notice I can't see what is the problem here as the T&C's have specifically mentioned a notice period at the time of signing. There is no change in your current T&C's which is including the inflation increase unless you renew the contract at which point the current T&C's are invoked. Which you might notice that some people still have unlimited data because they haven't changed their deal.

Whether or not it is moral is another matter but people need to remember that you are a subscriber to a service and own nothing. 

Message 68 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

The contract is the property of O2 & people pay for this service, let them cancel go to another 'expensive' network who charges a few more penny's then see who's 'robbing' who. They should think before signing on the dotted line if they don't want to part with their cash z& want something for nothing

Message 69 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have also been trying to obtain a PAC code from O2 for over a week without success. Seems the website is no use, the phone is never answered, and the O2 shops are unable to make account changes or issue PAC codes....!!!!! Utterly flabbergasted and no surprise why people are moving to other/better network providers.

anyone got a suggestion?

Message 70 of 120