cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely TERRIBLE customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to get a PAC code to move to a new service provider. I rang yesterday at 6pm and got a recorded message saying they were closed - despite the published opening times being up to 9pm.
I rang again today and I am still on hold waiting for one of their "UK Based advisors" to become available. 1 Hour 32 minutes so far - How much Take Than on jold music can you take?
I tried emailing but got a standard reply which tells me to ring the phone number that I am still waiting on
Message 1 of 120
119 REPLIES 119

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
@dissatisfied

I find your comment very unusual for 2 reasons

1. you can get your puk by logging into MYO2

2. you are normally given it on the call to cs.

I have never heard of anyone previous to you saying they have had to wait for it.
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 41 of 120

macblank
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
oh and

3. you would be stuck without your fone still.
Samsung Galaxy S3

Message 42 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does this mean then that if the RPI in December (the month they notified me) is less than 3.2% I can cancel my contract!

Which would not be bad considering I only took it out at the end of November!

Message 43 of 120

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Does this mean then that if the RPI in December (the month they notified me) is less than 3.2% I can cancel my contract!

Which would not be bad considering I only took it out at the end of November!

I think you know the answer to that! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 44 of 120

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

Good luck to anyone wanting to end their contract because of the recent increase. It's a non-starter.

Message 45 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know but its very annoying when you take out a two year contract and before you even take the phone out of the box they bump up the price. But your right what can you do??
Message 46 of 120

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144285 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I know but its very annoying when you take out a two year contract and before you even take the phone out of the box they bump up the price. But your right what can you do??
At least you know it's unlikely to rise again for the duration of your contract. Orange, Voda & 3 all put their prices up earlier this year (for Voda that's 2 years running) so are likely to increase their prices again next year.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 47 of 120

macblank
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions

and at least you know it won't happen for at least a yr. as per the terms

Samsung Galaxy S3

Message 48 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just because want something for nothing & they don't like change they want to cancel but prices go up everywhere from time to time, it's the government & tax laws, not just one companies fault, everywhere it is happening, not just here

Message 49 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its amazing the attitude change of people in December and especially the last week.

If you go into any Supermarket this time of year the queues will be at least double what they are normally. 

So shock horror that phone companies are offering deals galore at Christmas time and the customer service departments are busy, now add to that that Monday to Friday evenings, Saturday and Sunday all day for O2 will be there busiest times it does not take a idiot to work out you will be on hold longer and all other forms of communication will be busy as well. 

I really do struggle to understand the logic of some people, no common sense whatsoever.

For the record I phoned up O2 customer services on Saturday Morning at 11am, I got answered in 5 minutes and was off the phone 5 minutes later. 

I have a feeling some people are exaggerating somewhat to get there point across.

Message 50 of 120