cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely TERRIBLE customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to get a PAC code to move to a new service provider. I rang yesterday at 6pm and got a recorded message saying they were closed - despite the published opening times being up to 9pm.
I rang again today and I am still on hold waiting for one of their "UK Based advisors" to become available. 1 Hour 32 minutes so far - How much Take Than on jold music can you take?
I tried emailing but got a standard reply which tells me to ring the phone number that I am still waiting on
Message 1 of 120
119 REPLIES 119

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The customer service online is really bad especially when trying to talk with chat as the connection is always going on O2 end, it's simply not good enough, I am trying to find if its better to end my contract with a buy out and they can't even tell me that without taking forever and cutting out all the time

To be brutally frank, it's a simple answer you can work out yourself rather than asking CS:

remaining months x current tarriff = buyout cost. 

Or  put another way: why would they want to advise you on an exit cost when you've committed to a minimum term contract?

Message 31 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

...tell me about it, I've spent all evening trying to get "customer service", it's an absolute joke. Good luck. Suggest we all try a different provider, trouble is I don't think O2 care, there's absolutely no sign that they do

Message 32 of 120

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Reading other provider forums for a bit of perspective they all seem to be struggling.

Sorry to say it
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 33 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

...hmmm, I've run busy call centres and although it's not easy, it's certainly not hard to be FAR better than O2's customer service

Message 34 of 120

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
I have to sadly say 2 things...

1, O2 keep winning Customer Service awards (check the recent mobile awards)

2, I have heard my friends complain more about their provider's bad service, than I hear complaints about O2. Fortunately I can get them the CEO email address for their provider. (I can get it for most major UK brands)
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 35 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

@macblank wrote:
I have to sadly say 2 things...

1, O2 keep winning Customer Service awards (check the recent mobile awards)

2, I have heard my friends complain more about their provider's bad service, than I hear complaints about O2. Fortunately I can get them the CEO email address for their provider. (I can get it for most major UK brands)

........[SteveGuildford weeps uncontrollably...]

Message 36 of 120

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
It will all go back to their usual excellence once this iPhone 5 blows over:)

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 37 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally agree, it is the worst customer service ever, and the problem is that no one seems to care! I've been waiting for the PUK code to unblock my mobile, they promised to send it in a week and after a month of waiting I still don't have it! Outrageous, they are using all the tricks possible to keep you stuck with them for another 2 horrible years! 

Message 38 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

02 customers know that there are more than just 02 out there, i personally find 02 customer service a joke, their online support is failing its sole objective.TIP: price increases are due in Feb 2013 and have been confirmed, a lot of customers are tied to contracts, it is solely my opinion that they should shop around and end their contract a soon as the price increase has taken affect, i submitted my contractual agreement on the understanding that a set payment is made per month for the length of the contract............... obviously this is not the case, they can and will change your tarriff as and when they choose regardless. i will be looking at other phone providers once this price increase has been implemented and cancelling my contract due to the increase. if they can change acontractual agreement........ then so can I.

Message 39 of 120

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

02 customers know that there are more than just 02 out there, i personally find 02 customer service a joke, their online support is failing its sole objective.TIP: price increases are due in Feb 2013 and have been confirmed, a lot of customers are tied to contracts, it is solely my opinion that they should shop around and end their contract a soon as the price increase has taken affect, i submitted my contractual agreement on the understanding that a set payment is made per month for the length of the contract............... obviously this is not the case, they can and will change your tarriff as and when they choose regardless. i will be looking at other phone providers once this price increase has been implemented and cancelling my contract due to the increase. if they can change acontractual agreement........ then so can I.

No, you can't. This is from the Terms and Conditions regarding increases in tariffs. I suggest you read it.

5. Charges for our Services
5.1 Detailed charging information can be found on our Website and in our Tariff Terms.

5.2 We may increase or decrease our Charges from time to time. If we increase our Charges (apart from for Additional Services), we’ll let you know at least 30 days before the Charges are due to go up and you’ll have the rights explained in paragraphs 5.3 and 5.4. We won’t increase your Monthly Subscription Charges more than once in any 12 month period.

5.3 You can end this Agreement without having to pay the Monthly Subscription Charges up to the end of any Minimum Period you have left, if:
(a) we increase your Monthly Subscription Charges by more than the Retail Price Index (RPI) annual inflation rate at the date we notify you of the applicable price increase; or
(b) we increase any of our Charges (apart from for Additional Services) in such a way that would have increased your total bill for the immediately previous month by more than 10% (if the increase(s) had applied for the whole of that month).

5.4 If you want to end the Agreement because of one of the circumstances in paragraph 5.3 you must give us Notice that you want to within 30 days of when we tell you about the relevant price increase(s). If you don’t give us Notice within 30 days, you accept the new Charges and the Agreement will continue with the new Charges.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 40 of 120