cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely TERRIBLE customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to get a PAC code to move to a new service provider. I rang yesterday at 6pm and got a recorded message saying they were closed - despite the published opening times being up to 9pm.
I rang again today and I am still on hold waiting for one of their "UK Based advisors" to become available. 1 Hour 32 minutes so far - How much Take Than on jold music can you take?
I tried emailing but got a standard reply which tells me to ring the phone number that I am still waiting on
Message 1 of 120
119 REPLIES 119

Anonymous
Not applicable

The PAC code will be valid.  All PAC codes are generated by a central database called MNP, which all the networks use to generate the codes.  The 6 digit number generated goes with the Network's ID (TEL for us, ORG for Orange etc..).  It can't and doesn't produce invalid codes.

There must be a technical issue at Orange's side.  There's been a few bits of chat on here today and they all seem to have Orange down as saying the PACs are invalid, which is nonsense because they can't be!

Message 21 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello customer service its a joke  at o2  , im took a phone for my wife  what supose to cost me 11 pounds a month shes not using a lot so it was 100mb data 100 min and unlimited texts thats  switching from p and g and offer was  coming  with blackberry .What happen when we was signing contract i was ask to pay first instalment of 32 pounds what i did but they said it will be returned next month  that didnt happen  they forgot to apply discount  and in next 3 months exactly same  and ive been there every month  asking what happening.

in totall they own me 39 pounds because their mistakes  today i went  to o2 eastbourne again and said im want to cancell contract because of being ignored  so many times and  nothing been done  so far  i said you  keping my money im still paying 24 instead 11 and they divert me to customer service again  im not interested with o2 now so  said straight away  i want to cancell contract  they said i have to pay  cancelation fee 160 pound why dont know i was still paying  bigger bills  every month  because their mistake  so why i should  pay  and stay with them when they cant sort it out a thing ,they propose  to send back money with next bill i disagreed  and told them  want  my money to be send in couple days  basicly if i wouldt spot a mistake i would  be charged for 12 months  24 pounds .i did say its discousting  and wrong  and its a fraud taking wrong ammount of money  what was on the contract , they just ignore that i think and outcome it was im sorry  you still cant cancell  im affraid mistakes happen every day   , ,, yes everyday for 3 months lol,, so if you cancell  you will pay 160 cancelation fee. can just some one veryfiy under could i cancell a contract under those circumstances i did ask can i pay off contract they said it still be 160 pound  cancellation fee so i cant basicly  win   so if they put contract as it shoul be  11 pound im stuck with it for another 9 months?

Message 22 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I couldn't make any sense out of that Smiley Frustrated

Message 23 of 120

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Hi zibi welcome to the forums:)

Did you get it in writing that your contract would be £11 I'm confused as to how you achieved that.

Side note: please use paragraphs it allows us to read your posts and lets us actually help you rather than hurting our heads my friend.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 24 of 120

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
As I understand it the offer was to go from P&G to contract at a reduced rate. There were certain terms and conditions that had to be met and one of them was to transfer the original P&G number to the new contract. It has been discussed many times on the forum that if this was not done the system didn't pick up on the discount and apply it automatically. I think if you call CS on 202 (free) and calmly and clearly explain your problem (in English?) they will assist in getting your discount applied.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello customer service its a joke  at o2  , im took a phone for my wife  what supose to cost me 11 pounds a month shes not using a lot so it was 100mb data 100 min and unlimited texts thats  switching from p and g and offer was  coming  with blackberry .What happen when we was signing contract i was ask to pay first instalment of 32 pounds what i did but they said it will be returned next month  that didnt happen  they forgot to apply discount  and in next 3 months exactly same  and ive been there every month  asking what happening.

in totall they own me 39 pounds because their mistakes  today i went  to o2 eastbourne again and said im want to cancell contract because of being ignored  so many times and  nothing been done  so far  i said you  keping my money im still paying 24 instead 11 and they divert me to customer service again  im not interested with o2 now so  said straight away  i want to cancell contract  they said i have to pay  cancelation fee 160 pound why dont know i was still paying  bigger bills  every month  because their mistake  so why i should  pay  and stay with them when they cant sort it out a thing ,they propose  to send back money with next bill i disagreed  and told them  want  my money to be send in couple days  basicly if i wouldt spot a mistake i would  be charged for 12 months  24 pounds .i did say its discousting  and wrong  and its a fraud taking wrong ammount of money  what was on the contract , they just ignore that i think and outcome it was im sorry  you still cant cancell  im affraid mistakes happen every day   , ,, yes everyday for 3 months lol,, so if you cancell  you will pay 160 cancelation fee. can just some one veryfiy under could i cancell a contract under those circumstances i did ask can i pay off contract they said it still be 160 pound  cancellation fee so i cant basicly  win   so if they put contract as it shoul be  11 pound im stuck with it for another 9 months?

You can't expect them to do anything other than 1) fix the problem and 2) give you some proportionate compensation.  Expecting them to let you walk away because of an error *which they are fixing* is just ridiculous.

Message 26 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

The customer service online is really bad especially when trying to talk with chat as the connection is always going on O2 end, it's simply not good enough, I am trying to find if its better to end my contract with a buy out and they can't even tell me that without taking forever and cutting out all the time

Message 27 of 120

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
I got to laffffffff

I'd love you to tell Steven Fry he swears due to a lack of vocabulary
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 28 of 120

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
I HAVE to say that I have never had a bad call when speaking to O2. I have had bad calls but when I have written in to escalation I have been amazed at the service I have been given.

I have found tho as a customer and as a call handler (for a contact centre) that politeness wins every day. If u speak calmly and explain why ur frustrated and that u may use the odd naughty word, ur generally forgiven for swearing, so long as its not at them.

All call centres will support staff who disconnect verbally abusive n rude callers.

Should u find that ur call was not handled correctly or u feel that more could be done or which is probably above the authority of the call handler you need to email or write in to: the executive team at o2
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 29 of 120

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
"The people I know who swear the most tend to have the widest vocabularies and the kind of person who says swearing is a sign of a poor vocabulary usually have a pretty poor vocabulary themselves"

Haha direct quote by Steven fry. I stand corrected I can only base my views on my personal experience maybe I need some new friends:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 30 of 120