cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely TERRIBLE customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to get a PAC code to move to a new service provider. I rang yesterday at 6pm and got a recorded message saying they were closed - despite the published opening times being up to 9pm.
I rang again today and I am still on hold waiting for one of their "UK Based advisors" to become available. 1 Hour 32 minutes so far - How much Take Than on jold music can you take?
I tried emailing but got a standard reply which tells me to ring the phone number that I am still waiting on
Message 1 of 120
119 REPLIES 119

Anonymous
Not applicable

@deejayone If only there was a +100 Kudos button my friend.....

Message 11 of 120

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 customer service advisors are empowered to end the call if they are being personally abused.  They will never, ever get in trouble for doing so.  

Customers have absolutely no right to personally abuse any O2 staff.  You should be ashamed of yourself for doing so.

Message 13 of 120

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Aren't all calls recorded for this exact reason?

Deejayone for president after that post:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 14 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, all calls are recorded and stored for a reasonable period of time.

Message 15 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not say I personally abused the person. I did not call him a 'edited', I simply said 'that's edited' when he said I would be cut off and have to ring back if I got a security question wrong. O2 do not tell you you will have to ring back if you get a security question wrong if you are ringing for any other reason than to terminate. Being told this followed my having been on hold for 45 minutes to get through to anyone, and having spent a week trying to get through at all. 

I think most people live in the real world sufficiently as to not be so offended as to have to terminate a call because someone swears on it. Using a swear word is not the same as abusing someone - I did not swear at him.

I doubt that many calls have been terminated for the use of a swear word where the caller is ringing to upgrade or join O2.  

Message 16 of 120

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
In my opinion swearing is generally caused by a lack of vocabulary:)

I can understand your anger but you must realise if you we're incorrect on your account password you may well have offended him just by using that word which probably won't help with him helping you.

I'd honestly prefere to be cut off if I got a password wrong at least I know they're doing everything they can to protect my account. If someone cancelled my contract for me it would cost an awful lot of money for me.

Have you had any luck with cancelling your contract since?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 17 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable
These people that call up and take there frustration out on the phone reps should put there self in the reps position and see how there would like it. The rep hanging up as you dont no the security answer is a very good sign the doing the Job correctly.
Message 18 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I did not say I personally abused the person. I did not call him a 'edited', I simply said 'that's edited' when he said I would be cut off and have to ring back if I got a security question wrong. O2 do not tell you you will have to ring back if you get a security question wrong if you are ringing for any other reason than to terminate. Being told this followed my having been on hold for 45 minutes to get through to anyone, and having spent a week trying to get through at all. 

I think most people live in the real world sufficiently as to not be so offended as to have to terminate a call because someone swears on it. Using a swear word is not the same as abusing someone - I did not swear at him.

I doubt that many calls have been terminated for the use of a swear word where the caller is ringing to upgrade or join O2.  

Put yourself in the other guy's place.  You're doing your job, correctly, and the person you're speaking to isn't happy about it.  You're bound by law, process to stick to your guns and what you get in return is someone effing and jeffing.  Would you want to put up with that?

As for your point about o2 only needing security if you want to cancel your account, thats complete nonsense.  The proper process is this:

- customer calls

- you ask for the password

- you give a prompt, if one has been left on the account for you

- you ask 2 additional security questions, both of which have to be right

- if this fails, you can give general advice but nothing specific and you absolutely cannot go into that person's account

- you can recommend, as a last resort, visiting an o2 store with proof of ID for verification there.

This is the process that every customer service rep / upgrade rep / disconnection rep / janitor / auntie's dog must follow on every call.

Sorry if you didn't like it, but the guy was doing his job correctly up until he decided he had enough of you swearing (at him / to him...means the same)

Message 19 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

I completely agree. I actually tried for 2 days last week to get o2 to provide a PAC code.

I was on hold for 90 mins one time, then the every other time they could not take the call and kept disconnecting the calls.

I finally managed to get a pac code from the online chat adviser, however I now have an issue with the pac code given.

o2 say the pac code is valid and is available for another 23 days and is assigned to my number, however whenever Orange try to use it thay say it is invalid and not associated to my number or the number I have given them is incorrect, both pac code and number are correct.

Orange say there is nothing they can do and o2 do the same. I then asked for a new pac code so I can try that one, but they say they cant give another one until the current pac code ends, i then have to start again and of course continue to pay o2 until they give me a valid pac code... it is a rdiculous situation to be in!!!!

Message 20 of 120