cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely TERRIBLE customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to get a PAC code to move to a new service provider. I rang yesterday at 6pm and got a recorded message saying they were closed - despite the published opening times being up to 9pm.
I rang again today and I am still on hold waiting for one of their "UK Based advisors" to become available. 1 Hour 32 minutes so far - How much Take Than on jold music can you take?
I tried emailing but got a standard reply which tells me to ring the phone number that I am still waiting on
Message 1 of 120
119 REPLIES 119

Anonymous
Not applicable

What number are you calling? 0844 809 0202 from landlines, pop the mobile number in, as soon as the autorobot start talking after that, press 0, puts u straight in the queue. Normally quite fast, and I call them on a daily basis. Average hold time for me is about 2/3 mins max.

Message 111 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have NEVER experienced such awful customer service. All started with being sent the wrong phone, 13 phone calls to 02 later, still waiting for resolution. Totally dreadful service.

Message 112 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately three years on nothing changes. Exactly the same issues. Appalling customer service. You'd think it might just be worth it if O2 could provide competitive packages, but they can't even do that. So many reasons for leaving.

Message 113 of 120

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Three years on then I'm surprised you are still with O2 if you aren't happy?

Message 114 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm, seems like nothing is going to change with O2. I left (and what an interesting saga that was) years ago when just weeks after signing a new 24 month contract, despite assurances, the price went up just weeks later.

The real fun began when I read my (paper) contract which I had actually signed and due to a cockup on O2's part, mentioned nothing about RPI. After one hell of a battle and lots of amazingly ignorant advisor who continued to swear black is white, after finally looking at my contract, realised they didn't have a leg to stand on and had to let me go (with my nice Galaxy Note 2) still in my hands as it had been supplied by a third party. Shortly after, I discover that Tesco stopped selling O2 contracts (Oops 😉

I'm with Giffgaff (basically still O2) and the network is pants.

I can drive through towns like Brighton and Hove with full bars but unable to make a call as I get this message;

'Not Registered On Network'

On the plus side, my credit seems to last for ages as I can't make many calls slight_smile I think I'd get better communication banging to sticks together or doing that Crocodile Dundee thing with that spinny gizmo lol

O2? Oh Dear 😞

Message 115 of 120

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122839 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Three years on then I'm surprised you are still with O2 if you aren't happy?

Indeed...I think my bags would have been packed a long time ago....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 116 of 120

Cleoriff
  • 122839 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

On the plus side, my credit seems to last for ages as I can't make many calls slight_smile I think I'd get better communication banging to sticks together or doing that Crocodile Dundee thing with that spinny gizmo lol

O2? Oh Dear 😞

At least you have kept your sense of humour @Anonymous ...which is just as well...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 117 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still with O2? Are you kidding? I'm with GiffGaff (ok, still kinda O2) but at least I can leave when ever I want.

Problem is, unlike O2, Giffgaff's semi-PAYG thing is about as cheap as it gets, even if we're still talking O2.

Provided I only talk with others on Giffgaff, I only have to buy a fresh Goodybag every 3 months for my partner and son. As for me, I could do the same but I like GoogleMaps so I get a new one each month.

That said, network seems to be getting worse. While I was in the New Forest near Ringwood, we had pretty much zero signal and could do a thing while someone on Virgin had nearly full bars enjoying a speedy data connection. Another was on EE (yeuk) and had a better connection than my home broadband (which is pretty good).

What am I saying? ...

You'r right, why am I still here Crazy

Message 118 of 120

Cleoriff
  • 122839 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous I knew you were with giffgaff... My first reply was to @Anonymous ...who is still with O2 after 3 years of problems wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 119 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable
That was to the original poster who remarked about the level of customer service back in 2011. My issues have been going on for about three months and I've just got my PAC code today
Message 120 of 120