cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About the new Spotlight format

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

You might have noticed that our latest Spotlights were so gooood and full of info that the template we were using is not longer the best way to introduce our Member Spotlight.

We were thinking on modifying our Spotlight template. It's been with us for a while but we think it's time to move on. Wave

• Do you guys have any suggestions on how would you like it to be?
  • Do you prefer to see the interview posted directly on the thread?
  • Or were you happy with the image format? 
  • Do we have any good graphic designers around? If anyone want to give it a go, just reply to this thread with your suggestion.

I'm sure we'll be hearing some interesting ideas.

Feedback

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@blissgirl wrote:
@perksie what about me? jk

The nominees are chosen by the moderators @blissgirl ...not perksie Bouncy

Blimey...he has a new job now..LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Personally,  I don't see the point of a spotlight if people think it's ok to try to be funny without revealing anything meaningful about themselves......... If you want to be secretive and glib then stay the heck away from the Spotlight.

.................Seriosly, be open or don't bother.

I know that it will do nothing for your reputation @jonsiewhen I say that I wholeheartedly agree with your views above.   I would go further and point out that there is a section in "My Settings" for members to add as  little or as much "biography" as they wish - and that is where the Management Team should be encouraging people to add their own personal "SpotLight".   When an appeal is made for the services of a "Graphic Designer" to brighten up the Spotlight feature one can be pretty sure that there is little else to commend it.

Message 12 of 17

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7275 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
@Cleoriff didn't know wink
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 13 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

The l at few spotlights have been a waste of time to be honest @Anonymous and in its present form it insults my limited intelligence. The Who song 'Who are you?' sums it up but you need to listen to the lyrics  Seriously guys

Get your your own heads  out   your arse! ! 

Message 14 of 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

You know i couldn't resist a challenge @jonsie wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@blissgirl wrote:
@perksie what about me? jk

I think they will try and get around to everyone in time, so keep posting. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff I agree with you that the Member in the Spotlight should remain free to tell us as much or as little as they want. So maybe we can design two different formats, one for long interviews and another one for the shy people Smiley Embarassed The system we are using now to interview the members is to ask them to answer the questions they want to from this thread , so I think we are giving quite a lot of freedom for them to decide what to share with us. 

@Anonymous  Here you have a bit more info about the Spotlight. I'll send you a PM to tell you more about it wink

Cleoriff mentioned that moderators are the ones that choose the nominees, we do but If you would like to suggest someone for the Spotlight feel free to drop us a PM! 

I'll start working on the new format, I hope you guys like it slight_smile

Message 17 of 17