Did you mean: 

A host of e-mail problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
All
Hello

Does anyone else have my frustrating e-mail problems:

1. On signing in or clicking Webmail - "Page not available" message
2. If page is available then Inbox is often not!
2. If page is available (50% success rate) then on composing e-mail or reply and sending - "Unable to Send" message and the e-mail is lost. Have to start over.
3. If I remember to save to Draft prior to Send then message is sometimes retrievable.
4. Send e-mail, "Message sent but unable to copy to required folder" (ie Sent). Copies are essential. Have to start over and hope it does it right second time

I have linked o2 e-mail service to Microsoft Outlook Express and this sometimes provides access but not always.
o2 Customer Services are useless - no help whatsoever.
I have just reached the end of my one year commitment so I could move but it is yet more hassle to do so. However I cannot tolerate this third rate provision any longer.
Any comments most welcome. Thanks
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
I can't say I've had any trouble, but I mostly use an email program rather than webmail.

Try this in the Home Broadband forum for a better chance of replies.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've never had an issue. One thing to remember is that POP accounts can't be accessed by two means simultaneously. So if you're outlook tries to connect while you are using webmail. One will fail.
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for replies so far. Lucky you not to have any problems. Just to confirm I do not use Outlook Express at the same time as Webmail. I only use it when I can't access Webmail any other way. Even then it is not always successful.
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
As suggested I have posted on Broadband and Home Phone Forum
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Looks as though I have the same problem as drrbr123; I have been trying for over 5 days to log in to webmail and keep receiving the same '404' message to say unavailable.

I can receive mail through a pop3 account but can't sent any responses. This is getting really frustrating!

Anyone else having this issue??
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello postaman30

There is more info on the Broadband and Home phone forum since I posted there as suggested.
Iqbal (Site admin) suggested I try a different browser so I'm using Firefox instead of IE8. So far so good! Need to evaluate over longer time period. Rgds.
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry Fiona, I have no ideas whatsoever how you can complain to o2. They told me they didn't have a complaint system!
Go to the Broadband and Home Phone forum where this issue is still being discussed.
The site admin. is run by Iqbal who has made some suggestions - changing the web browser and email client which has improved things a bit. The jury is still out though.
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Fiona again!

I'm trying to remember to copy the email before I send or save so if it gets lost at least I can paste it back in again rather than type it all again. My main problem now is it will not copy a sent email to the "Sent" folder so I have no record.
Regards
Message 9 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions
Sorry Fiona, I have no ideas whatsoever how you can complain to o2. They told me they didn't have a complaint system!

Link: How do I make a complaint?
Message 10 of 12