cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 DAYS without service - can anyone BEAT THAT!?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  I have now been five days without service as I started a sim swap on Wednesday and it still hasnt gone through.  The advice I keep getting is wait as there is a backlog because of Friday's crash.  No one will help me and I am wondering if there is anything I can do for myself to enable the sim swap to happen?? Other than leave 02 after a lifetime of being on their network I am at a loss.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

A ridiculous amount of time! Try ringing them or the the Chat option to see if anyone can change it manually for you. If you don't get success first time, call back and speak to someone else.

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im glad you think so too!  I have called and have chatted and called and chatted - no one is giving the problem a priority and I am being as assertive as I can.  It is really bad as we have a loved member of the family very ill in hospital and I want to be contactable at all times. 

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I cannot even get on chat/call with O2!! This is very very sad. I cannot begin to imagine the damage O2 needs to fix.
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't get through now either. I resorted to going to the shop late yesterday but they couldn't help either. The annoying thing is that on the website and in the press it says the problem was fixed within a day! I am five days without service now.
Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Both channels of (non)communication will be literally be swamped today with the ongoing issues people are having.

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted to know if there was anything I could do to stimulate the sim swap - five days is so long I fear the request may have expired?  Should I send another request? Ive tried everything suggested in terms of on-off, re-boot, sim in and out! wiping the sim (Beleive me that was what I was asked to do! ......

Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Other than what you are doing, there is nothing else. Re-requesting will do nothing as they are still working through the outstanding sim changes.

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Now I am angry. A respondent in Chat said my sim request had gone through and Id be up and running within two hours. After three hours I recontacted them. I've just been told by another guru to expect another 48 hour wait - I will have been off service 7 days by then. Also my complaint seems to have disappeared.
Message 9 of 9