cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g news

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are 4 main networks in the UK; EE (T-Mobile/Orange), O2, Vodafone and Three. To date, only one of those networks has 4G coverage in Bristol.

That network is EE. Created by the merger of Orange UK and T-Mobile UK, EE (also known as ‘everything everywhere’), launched 4G in various UK cities on 30th December 2012. One of those first launch cities was Bristol. But since then, EE have remained to be the only network with 4G coverage in the city.

So what’s happening with the 4G coverage from O2, Vodafone and Three? We went to find out more.

O2 – After contacting O2, they told us that O2 4G would be launching in Bristol “very very soon”. They later said that it would be in a “few months time”. Last Thursday (9th January 2014), O2′s service status website showed that coverage in Bristol may be patchy on that date because works were going on at all of O2′s Bristol masts. We asked about this and O2 said that “all cells in the Bristol area are being updated in preparation for 4G”. So it appears that O2 have got their 4G network ready for their Bristol launch. Unfortunately out past news post suggesting that O2 4G would launch before the end of 2013 appeared as just a rumour.

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Ashley.

That has to be so frustrating for people in your area and others awaiting 4G.

Come on 02. 😞
Message 2 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

oh yes 

i went to o2 store there few customer ask about that what  i hear that o2 store dont know about 4g coming in Bristol Area, i went  to carphone warehouse they told me 2 months now it has be 3 months now still nothing, yes come on o2 lol 

Message 3 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you signed up for updates ?

https://www.o2.co.uk/getupdates?lte
Message 4 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes it aint helpful where is the link to see what area is next, i bet them remove it off 

Message 5 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have not seen any link stating where it's coming next. Their was the initial release info for certain cities and then the link http://mobi.o2.co.uk/pl/svt/si/mo2couk/po/o2uk/pa/4ghome
Message 6 of 40

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

o2 stopped updating the 4g coverage page with where next in december 2013 yet areas have had it since if you look at coverage checker ie brighton and a lot along that bit of the coast and some of ruralish kent.

Why o2 are being so tight lipped I guess is a business decision @toby can you get some more information or ask the powers that be to look at rollout plan information using 3 as an example being a bit more upfront. O2 has the coverage obligation lot so why the cloak and dagger approach?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 40

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

I'll feed this back to see if there is any other info available. If there is, I shall update you.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
It all seems to have dramatically slowed down with O2 and 4g they got everyone excited at the launch then it's gone quite
Message 9 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes it has o2 slow thing down Crazy

Message 10 of 40