cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£480 overcharged !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got an Apple iPhone 5C on Refesh from North Finchely store in the beginning of May, returned it the next week without even opening the box, the store assurred me no money will be taken from my account!!!

O2 took a total of £103 for airtime & £40 in June and July from direct debit.  After 5 chats and 4 phone calls, £103 finally refund to my bank account

BUT  today, they took £440 from my bank account.  Phoned them just now, it will take 15 days to refund me and they advised me to go to my bank and get the money back from Direct Debit Indeminity,Cat Mad  On my O2 phone plan account, I have a credit of £980, what's wrong with O2!

Small consolation is that they can refund the £40 around 5 days time!!!

I complanied by email regarding their useless service and never received a reply.  

So dear fellow O2 users, make sure you cancel your direct debit once your contract is finished.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Went to Barclays, got the money back the next day.  Still have £440 credit shown on myO2 account but I will let them sort it out themselves.

Message 8 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
That doesn't sound good at all and something has obviously gone wrong that's good advice about going to your bank though they will give you the money back straight away under the direct debit guarantee
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I assume you have completed the complaint via http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

It's not a good idea to cancel A direct debit until things have been sorted as a bounced debit can in extreme circumstances result in a mark on a persons credit file which even after a debt is paid takes 6 years to get it removed. Even if your in the right it can be difficult to have the default mark removed.

Hence it's better to sort out the account to full closure and then cancel any DD.
Message 3 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes that's obviously a mistake but the op still has the right to the £440 back straight away how O2 managed to mess it up to that extent is beyond me
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, it said £960 paid today but £480 in credit, absolutely no idea what happened !!!

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would get your £440 back from the bank and let O2 sort out their mess up
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Went to Barclays, got the money back the next day.  Still have £440 credit shown on myO2 account but I will let them sort it out themselves.

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the update.

Hope the last part sorts itself out for you too. slight_smile
Message 9 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Glad your bank sorted it out. Now ask O2 for the credit back showing on your account...bet they soon sort it then!:smileywink:

Message 10 of 12