cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd party email spam

Anonymous
Not applicable

I use a unique email address for my O2 account and although I have opted out of 3rd party email's from O2 I seem to receiving quite a lot of unsolicited email to that email address. Fortunately most of them seem to be getting caught by the Gmail spam filter.  

So it appears that O2 seem to be ignoring my wishes for not receiving third party email's.

My email address does not appear to have been compromised as the email's are from 'apparently' legitimate companies (BA, P&O, Citroen etc).

Is any one else experiencing this?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If they are genuine emails from those companies there will be an option to remove your email address from their lists.

The problem here is that they may well be phishing emails from a dodgy source, these of course you should never respond to.

If you look in Tools> Message source in your email program, you can see the actual source and will know whether or not they are genuine.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Haha they're always "legitimate" companies.

How unique is your email address?

A lot of spam attacks are dictionary based.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 3

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If they are genuine emails from those companies there will be an option to remove your email address from their lists.

The problem here is that they may well be phishing emails from a dodgy source, these of course you should never respond to.

If you look in Tools> Message source in your email program, you can see the actual source and will know whether or not they are genuine.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 3