cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G coverage?

Anonymous
Not applicable
What's going on at O2? I've lived in Maryport, cumbria for 4 years and not once has a 3G signal been found. All the other small towns in Cumbria seem to have it but not here.
Contacted O2 and was told that it has 3G but the mast was down at present. Lies! Even on their own coverage map it doesn't show 3G. I contacted them today to ask if Maryport was ever going to be able to join the 21st century and was basically told its secret, we can't tell you.
Work colleagues and friends on EE etc all get 3G. But not anybody on O2. So thanks O2. After many years of being a customer I will now be off to a different network who can provide me with what I need.
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know if Vodafone 3G is any good in your area? Vodafone was very bad in mine and is now great on o2. But I also found out that at some point Voda and o2 are joining masts. Really all networks should join masks, it is better for all customers to do so. Maybe in time this will happen, but if you have good Vodafone reception it might be worth holding on for a bit.

O2 also do the wifi app TUgo if you have a particular issue around your actual home.

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

O2 announced the other day that 200 areas will get 3g this year http://news.o2.co.uk/?press-release=o2-4g-reaches-a-third-of-the-uk-population-as-network-modernisat... not listed areas yet but I was told info will appear on this community

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know if Vodafone 3G is any good in your area? Vodafone was very bad in mine and is now great on o2. But I also found out that at some point Voda and o2 are joining masts. Really all networks should join masks, it is better for all customers to do so. Maybe in time this will happen, but if you have good Vodafone reception it might be worth holding on for a bit.

O2 also do the wifi app TUgo if you have a particular issue around your actual home.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be nice if we could get a list somewhere! I am interested in North Norfolk Sheringham. There seems to be absolutely zero 3G signal in that area on O2 or Vodaphone. I rang O2 to enquire and they said they can't comment on future plans. So I said well I can't comment as to if I am going to change provider then! A bit pants to have only 2g when everywhere else is moving towards 4g.
I was staying at my Mums caravan and could get no internet connectivity at all! Only on the caravan parks wifi which itself was dog slow and over subscribed.
Message 4 of 4