cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G Coverage Is Terrible At Best

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone else have the same issues as me with 3G coverage ?
There are so many places that I have visited with colleagues, family or friends (who use different networks) and they have no problem receiving 3G but I have no 3G available.
I have an iPhone4 and am bitterly dissapointed that I am unable to use many of its features and apps as the lack of 3G coverage renders them almost useless.
Wishing I had gone with another network and unless there are major improvements to o2's 3G coverage I will not renew my contract with o2.
So dissapointed I am in fact looking at selling my phone and paying my way out.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions
I don't think that anybody could answer your question as you didn't give a location!
Have a look at http://status.o2.co.uk/ to see if there are problems reported in your area(s) and if not, report it!
#siwy
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone else have the same issues as me with 3G coverage ?
There are so many places that I have visited with colleagues, family or friends (who use different networks) and they have no problem receiving 3G but I have no 3G available.
I have an iPhone4 and am bitterly dissapointed that I am unable to use many of its features and apps as the lack of 3G coverage renders them almost useless.
Wishing I had gone with another network and unless there are major improvements to o2's 3G coverage I will not renew my contract with o2.
So dissapointed I am in fact looking at selling my phone and paying my way out.

you know what i thought it was just my phone, i upgraded to the iphone 4s on friday and had to choose a different tariff than i was on currently (even though i was happy with it), and yesterday and today iv not had ANY 3G coverage what so ever, when ive been out of the house (which is when my phone always uses 3G) ive not been able to use any of my apps at all, texts have difficulty sending, the signal when i make calls is horrid. Whats going on!?
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tell me about it. Wish I had check the 3G coverage maps on the net before going with O2. Their own coverage map shows decent coverage but the BBC did a 3G coverage survey and compiled maps showing coverage. O2 was the worst by far. It's laughable if you go on a long motorway drive as you can see the 3G come in and drop out as you get closer to or move away from big cities. I've decided to bat it out as they want £300 for me to buy out my contract. Seriously thinking of taking legal advice regarding this though.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's terrible.
I bought a cheap Sony Ericsson G502 recently, stuck a Three SIM in there and use that to remain permanently logged into Skype over their network. My signal remains solid regardless of what part of the country I'm visiting.
So basically, my cheap £10 Three phone is more reliable than my £40 a month Smartphone on O2.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I agree, having had O2 for many years I have witnessed the coverage deteriorate, this past year I have travelled lot with my partner who is on another network and I can honestly say 95% of the time she gets 3G i do not, when my contract comes up in march its goodbye O2!
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 7 of 7