cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2G Switch for iPhones.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I've seen recently that the 2G switch is being slowly re introduced by O2 and to be honest it's about time. wink

This recent thread by @Chris_K highlights another.

I'm hoping the same 'switch' will be re introduced for iPhone users too ?

Thread ; http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Devices-Nokia-Blackberry/Blackberry-10-2-1-Update-Coming-soon/m-p...
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Appreciate that. 😞
Message 11 of 16

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Be aware that if this is the same as the 2G option for Blackberry then it's voice and SMS only,

No GPRS or Edge data  slight_frown

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Something to look for on the re introduction.

Much better than Apple telling me to turn off mobile data to push to 2G.

Not so sure anyone wants to lose app updates , location services ,mms and internet use this way. 😞
Message 13 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It has been reintroduced on a number of android phones already so hopefully your phone is on the list to receive it too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 16

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi

Only the Social Media Team can let us know

I'm still waiting for this to be re introduced for my iPhone 5s

@Chris_K any idea.

A recent thread I started http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/3G-4G-Toggle-on-the-iPhone/m-p/705365#M47574

I'm afraid I don't have any specific info for this particular device - the re-introduction of the 2G switch is something that will generally happen with an update, whether a major or minor one. With any updates for this device I'm sure our team will explore any possibilities of adding it but there's no current updates planned for this device I'm afraid. It may be added in the future but when? - unfortunately it's not something I or the device team can answer at this present time.

With regards to your iPhone though, the ability to turn off 3G on a 4G iPhone is something that's wholly managed by Apple. While this switch is essentially just a setting within our carrier update, these need approved by Apple before being pushed out to customers and with the switch being managed by them, our carrier update wouldn't be approved with any '2G-Only' modifications. This applies to all UK networks - possible a wider audience too.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the reply @Chris_K I appreciate it.

Well hopefully both parties will get their heads together to realise what a poor decision for the end users this was. 😞
Message 16 of 16