cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

202 call centre

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I have been with O2 for more years than I care to admit and I have been dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century and decided to give up my old 'upfront for life tariff'. My new sim arrived so I eagerly called 202 to get it sorted and my old number changed. Within 1 sentence to the 202 operator I knew I was in trouble. I stuck with it though and went through everything I was asked (at least three times). Eventually I gave up and asked to be put through to the UK (it was South African) she said of course and put me straight through to Jeremy, Jeremy also didn't have a clue so I asked where he was based; Cape Town, wonder where that is in the UK. I have absolutely no issues with where a call centre is based just so long as they actually know what they are doing. I gave up and found a number which actually gave me a UK person (It wasn't easy but I did it). And what a difference, within 1 sentence Karen knew exactly what was required, she passed me on to Debbie who again got things done without fuss or issue. You have no idea how much a good and effective customer service means to us O2!! I almost cancelled my account becuase of this (I run three with you & have done for years). Stick to the UK teams PLEASE!!!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

It's something we have been saying since the announcements to move it abroad were made, maybe 2 years ago.
There's a mix now between UK, SA and India...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
It should stay in the UK

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hence that part in my signature. slight_smile
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
We can all say call centres should remain in the UK but in reality o2 will not listen.

Vodafone went down the route of Egypt (not bad) India and South Africa and now they are number 3 in the UK from number 1 some years ago.

Watch and learn o2. Watch and learn
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
It should be uk only I think it would attract more customers
Message 7 of 7