cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 months and still no resolution

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been a customer for years, spent thousands and now I've had enough.

My account was charged with £36 of charges from an unrecognised source so I contacted O2 thinking it would be simple. but no, its been 2 months and theres still nothing to show for it.

Ive been lied to, told it was my fault, misled and been hung up on.

Now all I want is to end my contracts and go to a phone operator who actually values their customers.

So far I've been told it would take 5 days three times, Frankly O2 have been the most unpleasant company I've ever had to deal with.

I wanted to block my phones from premium content. I was told that It could be done over the phone and the O2 app would show it. Lie 1

I was told I would recive emails confirming o2s actions, never happend.

I was told I'd get a refund.. Lie 2

I was told that I must of authorised it as it was charged to my account. 

Now all I want is my contract cancelled.

I will never return to O2, they could offer free contracts and solid gold phones and I;d still go with EE or Vodafone or 3 or 3 tin cans attached wth string. All are preferable to O2s customer contempt, sorry, 'service'

Message 1 of 89
88 REPLIES 88

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Some people on here will tell you that EE customer service is cr*p but I have never had a problem with them in 2.5 years with my back up phone and I have called them on a number of occasions. You have to speak as you find but I have never had the type of issue or runaround that you have experienced with either O2 or EE. 

Message 81 of 89

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Three have been by far the best in my experience. EE are just as bad as Voda and O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 82 of 89

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
From what I have read on the internet, mobile phone service providers can be grouped in with dodgy trades people. But mainly you only read of the bad ones.

When you latch onto a good one you're likely to stay with them.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 83 of 89

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry to hear that you're not happy with the complaint resolution. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about it and I'll make sure the rest of the team is aware of what's happened to see if any learnings can be taken!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 84 of 89

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Bottom line @Anonymous you have to go with the network which gives you the best coverage. No point moving if you are then frustrated because you can't use your phone as intended...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 85 of 89

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Sometimes you just gotta go elsewhere on the principle of it tho......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 86 of 89

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Sometimes you just gotta go elsewhere on the principle of it tho......

You have to be at peace in your mind with any decision.. personally i would be off like a shot.

Message 87 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I stay with O2 im basically condoning O2's disgusting conduct in all of this.

They have no intention to make this right and are treating me with such contempt that I'd rather not own a phone than put 1 more penny in their pocket than I have to.

I'm a little worried about leaving though. How long will it take for O2 to accept my cancellation? 

If previous experience is anything to go by I'll still be paying them in 2019

Message 88 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry to hear that you're not happy with the complaint resolution. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about it and I'll make sure the rest of the team is aware of what's happened to see if any learnings can be taken!

@Toby The whole story is in the previous 9 pages but to be completely honest I dont think O2 are at all interested in learning anything from my terrrible experience. Your clearly just here as a human face of O2 and to try and make it look like O2 have some kind of reasonable attitude towards complaints and unhappy customers, and this just isnt the case. 

The complaints department told me what they thought what happend. not one person asked me. and then they made their decision and clearly put on the end of the letter that this is O2's final descision. That is not an unbiased objective assessment of a complaint, even though I was promised that it would be unbiased by an O2 employee (not Capitia). Yet again another lie from O2.]

edit: just in case your wondering if the above is correct, this is from the complaints page "We will take an impartial look at your complaint and how our customer service teams have handled it so far and do our best to help you find a resolution that you’re happy with." Notice the the wording. "Impartial", and "do our best to help you find a resolution that you’re happy with." Maybe I contacted the wrong department!!!!

The ombudsman will be recieving a letter from me concerning this matter. If nothing else, it will affect the complaint statistics that the ombudsman publishes every year.

Message 89 of 89