cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 months and still no resolution

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been a customer for years, spent thousands and now I've had enough.

My account was charged with £36 of charges from an unrecognised source so I contacted O2 thinking it would be simple. but no, its been 2 months and theres still nothing to show for it.

Ive been lied to, told it was my fault, misled and been hung up on.

Now all I want is to end my contracts and go to a phone operator who actually values their customers.

So far I've been told it would take 5 days three times, Frankly O2 have been the most unpleasant company I've ever had to deal with.

I wanted to block my phones from premium content. I was told that It could be done over the phone and the O2 app would show it. Lie 1

I was told I would recive emails confirming o2s actions, never happend.

I was told I'd get a refund.. Lie 2

I was told that I must of authorised it as it was charged to my account. 

Now all I want is my contract cancelled.

I will never return to O2, they could offer free contracts and solid gold phones and I;d still go with EE or Vodafone or 3 or 3 tin cans attached wth string. All are preferable to O2s customer contempt, sorry, 'service'

Message 1 of 89
88 REPLIES 88

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks @Cleoriff I will pop back.

The issue isnt just the refund though. I've said to the managers/advisors/tea lady wink that its more the way I've been treated and O2s attitude towards my issue that has caused most of the upset.

Its only £36 for the charges, A customers trust however, is worth a lot more.

I agree....and the principle of it all. Sadly missing in your case.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 51 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 I totally agree, the email I recieved was from Capita. Although the way she mentions " I hope I renewed your faith with our network O2" makes it sound like they are part of O2 or Telefonica (allbeit in a rather clumsy way but I put that down to being a S. African centre and English being a second language). Thats just the way of these outsourced callcentres though.

My first mobile phone was with BT Cellnet, the forerunner of O2,I think its been getting worse every time they get bought out or merged. Its just a money making macine now, customers are just another revenue source and I cant see them changing until the flow of customers run out. 

Using outsourced callcentres just exasperate the problem as no-one cares or has the power to do anything and the company employing them (O2 in this case) are nicely detached from the inconvenient part of the business. i.e. the customer!

Message 52 of 89

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Just a point on the credit going on your account. Occasionally credits only appear when a bill is generated, so bear this in mind.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 53 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable
the manager did promise that it would appear on my O2 account in 24 hours but I'd have to wait until the bill was created before I could transfer it to a bank account.
But considering my previous communications I'd be more inclined to believe what I read on this board than O2 Customer Services
Message 54 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I waited 24 hours and as expected no credit to my account!

This is getting silly now. Lie anfter lie after lie.

Capita and O2 just cant be trusted. Ive sent a complaint but I cant see that doing anything.

I'm at a complete loss now. I'm tempted to just cancel my direct debits to try and get someone to talk to me who isnt part of capita as they obviously dont care or are too stupid to acually keep their promises.

The manager Orrin wasnt in today (or at least thats what I was told) and as theyre in south africa theres no way im calling them in their mobile (which was on the bottom of their email)

Message 55 of 89

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Google 'ceo o2' and send an email to his office with a contact number. You will get more joy I guarantee. It's weekend but they will get back to you before the complaints dept. If you want the email address then send me a private message.

Message 56 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I've just spoken to disconnections, more as an attempt to talk to an O2 employee instead of Capita. They said that the team leader was the highest a customer could go and O2 wont allow customers to spea to anyone higher up! 

So it seems that the O2 Priority is low for customers. (see what I did there)

I'll drop the CEO a copy of my complaint to the Complaint Review Service, although at this point I think all im doing is wasting my time. 

O2 clearly have no intention to resolve this matter at any level, let alone release me from my contracts to this truly abysmal service.

Message 57 of 89

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 58 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email sent to Mr Ronan Dunne. 

I'll keep you updated as any progress

Message 59 of 89

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Unbelievable that they can make such a mountain out of a molehill.
When they get it wrong it's usually of monumental proportions!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 60 of 89