cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 months and still no resolution

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been a customer for years, spent thousands and now I've had enough.

My account was charged with £36 of charges from an unrecognised source so I contacted O2 thinking it would be simple. but no, its been 2 months and theres still nothing to show for it.

Ive been lied to, told it was my fault, misled and been hung up on.

Now all I want is to end my contracts and go to a phone operator who actually values their customers.

So far I've been told it would take 5 days three times, Frankly O2 have been the most unpleasant company I've ever had to deal with.

I wanted to block my phones from premium content. I was told that It could be done over the phone and the O2 app would show it. Lie 1

I was told I would recive emails confirming o2s actions, never happend.

I was told I'd get a refund.. Lie 2

I was told that I must of authorised it as it was charged to my account. 

Now all I want is my contract cancelled.

I will never return to O2, they could offer free contracts and solid gold phones and I;d still go with EE or Vodafone or 3 or 3 tin cans attached wth string. All are preferable to O2s customer contempt, sorry, 'service'

Message 1 of 89
88 REPLIES 88

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I am sure we should point @Toby  (head of the community) to this thread. It's truly an appalling experience.

It's not just the time @Anonymous has spent sorting things out.... It causes terrible stress which O2 seem not to bother about in the slightest. ...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 41 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable

The real kick in the teeth is that they now act like they have done a good job! and I'm another satisfied customer.

All smiley faces in the email I recieved.

If it was me I'd be seeing what I could do to try and keep an unhappy customer from leaving. Offer a discount on monthly line rental. A letter of appology, an assurance that this would never happen again, a number to contact someone directly should I still be unhappy.

Something that shows that this kind of thing isnt the norm.

I know that O2 is large with lots of customers, but if you cant handle complaints without all of these problems, maybe theyre handling the issues wrong or not supervising their staff. 

Message 42 of 89

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I hope the promised refund appears. An adviser can credit the account immediately so check if it's showing in My O2.

Message 43 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did check a minute ago and theres nothing yet.

They did say in the email it can take 24 hours. So we'll have to wait and see.

Or it could be that its that managers day off tomorrow and so its back to square one

Message 44 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

It's not just the time @Anonymous has spent sorting things out.... It causes terrible stress which O2 seem not to bother about in the slightest. ...:smileysad:

Thats exactly the problem. Its always down to me to try move things forward. Not once has O2 taken the inititive and tried to fix this issue without me activly being on the phone telling them the action that needs to be taken.

"What would you like us to do" 

"I would like a refund please and an explaination as to why its taken a 2 weeks/ a month/ 6 weeks/ 2 months/ over 2 months to fix this issue"

"We can certainly look into that for you sir, we can let you know in about 5 days"

"No, I would like it sorted out today, is there someone else I need to speak to about this to get it fixed today"

"No sir but I can ask a manager to call you"

"Yes please"

and Repeat ad infinitum.

The amount of times This conversation has been repeated is sickening.

Message 45 of 89

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @jonsie Its a real shame that O2 have been so disapointing as before this, I was quite a happy customer and would've probably spent thousands of pounds with them over the coming years. 

Theres 4 phones in our house all O2, 2 PAYG and 2 contract. spending on average 120-150 a month between them that equates to almost £1800 a year that O2 will be losing. Not a huge sum of money I know but bad news travels fast.

Plus the fact that my day job involves being on the team that helps select communication and IT solutions for various clients, O2 may lose a whole lot more. As theres no way I'd recommend O2 to a client if their customer service are like I've experienced.

I know that corporate contracts are handled differently to consumer but this doesnt give a great impression.

Message 47 of 89

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If you pop back to the forum sometime on Monday @Anonymous then you may find a message here from @Toby as I mentioned earlier. He has been known to sort out some issues for customers quite quickly. (Of course you may have your refund by then...though I very much doubt it) Best of luck either way...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 48 of 89

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It all started going downhill when the call centres were outsourced to Capita.
These people don't work for o2 so they don't feel any passion for the company and only do half a job most of the time just to ensure they meet their call quota.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 49 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Cleoriff I will pop back.

The issue isnt just the refund though. I've said to the managers/advisors/tea lady wink that its more the way I've been treated and O2s attitude towards my issue that has caused most of the upset.

Its only £36 for the charges, A customers trust however, is worth a lot more.

Message 50 of 89