cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 months and still no resolution

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been a customer for years, spent thousands and now I've had enough.

My account was charged with £36 of charges from an unrecognised source so I contacted O2 thinking it would be simple. but no, its been 2 months and theres still nothing to show for it.

Ive been lied to, told it was my fault, misled and been hung up on.

Now all I want is to end my contracts and go to a phone operator who actually values their customers.

So far I've been told it would take 5 days three times, Frankly O2 have been the most unpleasant company I've ever had to deal with.

I wanted to block my phones from premium content. I was told that It could be done over the phone and the O2 app would show it. Lie 1

I was told I would recive emails confirming o2s actions, never happend.

I was told I'd get a refund.. Lie 2

I was told that I must of authorised it as it was charged to my account. 

Now all I want is my contract cancelled.

I will never return to O2, they could offer free contracts and solid gold phones and I;d still go with EE or Vodafone or 3 or 3 tin cans attached wth string. All are preferable to O2s customer contempt, sorry, 'service'

Message 1 of 89
88 REPLIES 88

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I was told that there was a note for a manager to call me and also there was "Dont bother customer is leaving O2 anyway"

I have often suspected that there are "personal" notes made about customers......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable

So that was another lie by an O2 manager?

no suprise there then.

I dont doubt that O2 wont honour this. Why should they, money is all they care about. Its certainy not customers!

If it was a different company I might expect them to end the contract early as a gesture of good will considering the awfull service I've recieved. O2 though? not a chance.

Message 12 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable

At least I'll know the reason if I dont get a call tomorrow

Message 13 of 89

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If you are on refresh you can just pay off the phone and walk away.
Others have got away without paying off phone but they've had to hand it back to O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying for the phone isnt an issue.

Its my phone and I'm buying it from O2, The contract however, is what I want rid of. that way I dont have to keep paying for a shoddy service.

Its not even like the mobile service has been flawless. I've had the months of calls going straight to voice mail and poor signal quality with 4g enabled problems.

Those however I put down to 'one of those things'. Its not good, but technical problems happen, although once you add on bad customer service you have to ask "What is it that keeps me with this company when theres plenty of alternatives"

Message 15 of 89

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

However you end your contract, you must ensure that the issue regarding the extra £36 charge is dealt with. Do not cancel your direct debit until you are certain there is nothing left to pay, and your balance is zero. We have heard horror stories of credit ratings being affected long after contracts were thought to be canceled because of outstanding balances not being cleared.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 16 of 89

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Paying for the phone isnt an issue.

Its my phone and I'm buying it from O2, The contract however, is what I want rid of. that way I dont have to keep paying for a shoddy service.

Assuming you are on refresh, you don't have to pay the airtime once you've paid off the handset.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the manager does call me tomorrow this is one thing I want to discuss.

I find it appauling that a company can tie you into a 24 month contract and then ignore you, just because they know theyve got your money no matter what.

After all, leaving early and paying off your contract is simply paying for the full service in one foul swoop. O2 win either way. 

The only way is the ombsdsmun, but thats not the easiest process.

One things for certain, O2 wont get anymore money off me than is absolutly necessary.

Message 18 of 89

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I doubt there will be a callback tbh......

Currently using:
Message 19 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not holding my breath, It looks like I'll be spending yet another hour on the phone to those clowns
Message 20 of 89