cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 months and still no resolution

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been a customer for years, spent thousands and now I've had enough.

My account was charged with £36 of charges from an unrecognised source so I contacted O2 thinking it would be simple. but no, its been 2 months and theres still nothing to show for it.

Ive been lied to, told it was my fault, misled and been hung up on.

Now all I want is to end my contracts and go to a phone operator who actually values their customers.

So far I've been told it would take 5 days three times, Frankly O2 have been the most unpleasant company I've ever had to deal with.

I wanted to block my phones from premium content. I was told that It could be done over the phone and the O2 app would show it. Lie 1

I was told I would recive emails confirming o2s actions, never happend.

I was told I'd get a refund.. Lie 2

I was told that I must of authorised it as it was charged to my account. 

Now all I want is my contract cancelled.

I will never return to O2, they could offer free contracts and solid gold phones and I;d still go with EE or Vodafone or 3 or 3 tin cans attached wth string. All are preferable to O2s customer contempt, sorry, 'service'

Message 1 of 89
88 REPLIES 88

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sounds like it's time you lodged an official complaint, but don't just cancel unless you are out of contract http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 89

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions
Message 3 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to complain about a month ago and was told that there was no complaints procedure!

Message 4 of 89

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried to complain about a month ago and was told that there was no complaints procedure! 

Well there is and I've given you the link above.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable
Complaint sent, thanks for the link.

Hopefully I'll be rid of O2 very soon
Message 6 of 89

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous Out of curiosity, who told you there was no complaints procedure?

You are entitled to cancel your contract at any time, but as you are probably aware, you would have to pay the remainder of what you owe. It would probably be best for you to sort out the charge from the unrecognised source before you cancel, as that would surely be tacked on if the issue isn't resolved.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunatly I dont have a record of their name, it was one of the many customer service operatives I spoke to.

I asked about complaining as I'd reached a point where I was sick of repeating the same explaination over and over again. She said that theres no one to complain to.

I said "So your telling me O2 has no complaints procedure whatsoever?"

"yes" she said!

on the subject of the cancelation when I spoke to the manager, she said that she would cancel my contract early for me if I wanted but shed like to try to resolve the matter. So I agreed that she could try. She promised to contact me within 5 days, and that was the last I ever heard of it. No notes on my account, nothing! its like it neer happend

Message 8 of 89

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just as a side note as to how bad Ive found O2 customer services.

I called to confirm that a manger call back had been booked.

I was told that there was a note for a manager to call me and also there was "Dont bother customer is leaving O2 anyway"

I'm guessing this comment on my account wasnt intended for my ears, and the agent read it out loud by mistake.

Just goes to show how customer services work at O2!

The agent that wrote that comment was Jack, although I expect that was made up on the spot..

Message 9 of 89

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Not good @Anonymous but the link I posted about contract cancellation is the correct process to follow. If you stick to that there is nothing O2 can do about it. It's YOUR choice.....but you must follow that guide to the letter

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 89