cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0845 charges with Big Bundle

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, I know the T&C's say 0845 numbers get charged and aren't included in the Big Bundle but most people don't want to waste their lives wading through T&C's. It certainly comes to O2 customers surprise when they get charged separately for a call to a UK call centre. This is no more than sneaky and I'll be looking to change provider.
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
So do you blame providers for making T&C's so long and complicated that most of us can't be bothered to read them all?

I think they are annoying without a doubt.

However having been caught out in the past I realise it's in my own interests to understand what I am signing up to. If I don't, I have no right to complain really :smileywink:...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
I first noticed in myo2 app under the calling plan details what is charged for etc.
Message 12 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well it seems nobody here thinks it's sneaky so I must be wrong. Does everyone here believe long winded and complex T&C's are a way of bamboozling customers (and I know this is not just an O2 problem)?
Message 13 of 37

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

It's common knowledge that 0845 numbers are not included. Most mobile networks charge for 0800 as well, except for Three, I believe. Many companies will be changing these numbers soon, if they haven't already.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-2681592/0845-numbers-replaced-ahead-likely-ban.html

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 14 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well it doesn't seem common knowledge for some customers.
Message 15 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
You should in your myo2 & in the leaflet you got with your sim have something saying these chEges
Message 16 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure if you have read any of my replies Spitfire..
Message 17 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have actually, it's just that the t&c are there to be read so you don't get caught out like yourself. & as @Bambino said it is common knowledge with all networks. You are lucky that you are on payg, you can go somewhere else suitable for you without having to terminate & have any outstanding fees
Message 18 of 37

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Well it doesn't seem common knowledge for some customers.

Are you really saying that after all the time these numbers have been in existence, you didn't know that they were chargeable calls? Where have you been living?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 19 of 37

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6971 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @Anonymous 

I might be wrong but I think they were never inclusive on pay and go... Do you remember @jonsie ?

These numbers have never been free on P&G or contract. 

Alternate numbers....http://www.saynoto0870.com/

Message 20 of 37