cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0845 charges with Big Bundle

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, I know the T&C's say 0845 numbers get charged and aren't included in the Big Bundle but most people don't want to waste their lives wading through T&C's. It certainly comes to O2 customers surprise when they get charged separately for a call to a UK call centre. This is no more than sneaky and I'll be looking to change provider.
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
True, but makes for a sad world...
Message 31 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
With most of these 0845/0870 numbers, apart from the so called ease of connection for the call centres, these firms actually make so much a minute when you call them.
As suggested earlier try the earlier links, and if possible look for an alternate contact number/email or dare I say it Twitter?
I only use that for contacting big businesses, and normally find a quicker response!
Message 32 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
I take the view that if a company only offers 0845 / 0870 numbers and does not offer a mobile friendly (easy to find) number then they don't want my business.
Message 33 of 37

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 34 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

I use the app We Q 4 U and I have found it works for most number.  Like Jonsie says I also use overseas numbers where possible.

I think Vodafone used to have a bundle that was £2.50 for around 300 0800/0845/0844 numbers.  It would be good if the other networks followed suit.  However I do think that charging for 0800 numbers is ridulous and the networks are ripping us off by doing this.

Message 35 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah yeah, that's all well and good but the man had a point, the government realised that it was all a bit of a scam and legislated 0300 numbers into existence, the organizations using 08 numbers including my local Doctors, haven't all shifted across to 03 numbers, and O2 or any of the other service providers still really haven't got into the spirit of the thing have they. Bit of a shame on them really. That said I personally reckon I could save myself 15 to 20 pounds a month down from an average of 55 pounds and receive the same service, if not better in some cases (I still miss my three way calling as standard on 3 mobile ) I was paying 18 pounds a month 3 years ago and I'd still be with them apart from some freek geology that ment I couldn't use my phone indoors at my last place.
Message 36 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You can always search for alternative standard numbers by using apps or a web search.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 37 of 37