cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 signal strength

Anonymous
Not applicable

The coverage report for signal strength for phone and text says it is good for reception indoor and out. No sp, and never has been. Don't believe it, test it. Where we are in CM15 it is virtually useless - and thats having tried several phone. Complete Blackspot are around Doddinghurst. The formal coverage report is plain misleading..... Why!?!

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
As a PAYG customer you have the freedom to move networks. If another provider gives you a signal, just switch.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

You can download the MYNETWORK APP and report the masts if they are showing as good but your suffering signal loss.

It may be mast congestion.

Also look at -> http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...
Message 2 of 17

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Signal coverage maps are computer generated simulations and not a 100% accurate representation of signal, unfortunately. They should not be relied upon to give all the correct info.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and welcome

I took o2 to the Advertising Standards Authority on this matter who ruled that because the Coverage Checker stated (near the bottom of the page) that the Coverage Checker was for outdoor coverage and was only an estimate, no advertising rules were broken.

I took this to appeal on the basis that that rather important piece of information should be next to the box (near the top left) that states clearly the coverage one should expect.

The result? The ASA sided with o2 still and said that the advertising was not misleading.

I wrote back and stated that the ASA was not fit for purpose.
Message 4 of 17

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

@MI5 said:

"Signal coverage maps are computer generated simulations and not a 100% accurate representation of signal".

This was the argument I used when a customer service told me the coverage checker was accurate. Mind you she told me that 3G was faster than HSPA and tried to talk me into buy one of those FemToCel boxes to fix my connection problems.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 5 of 17

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@anticpated wrote:

@MI5 said:

"Signal coverage maps are computer generated simulations and not a 100% accurate representation of signal".

This was the argument I used when a customer service told me the coverage checker was accurate. Mind you she told me that 3G was faster than HSPA and tried to talk me into buy one of those FemToCel boxes to fix my connection problems.

Not the finest piece of advice ever received then LOL

Currently using:
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Mast conjestion or poor coverage in the first place - either way I get no reception. So I tried to divert the calls to my landline. Guess what, as a PAYG customer, the divert facility isn't available so all calls go to voicemail and I have to pay to hear the calls when I am somewhere where the mobile can connect! Solution - Move to Vodaphone?

Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
No Call Divert option and pay to listen to O2 voicemail are some of the not so good sides to Payg 😔

Another option maybe is a Sim Only Contract !
Message 8 of 17

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Unless you have  a signal am expensive smartphone is just a glorified music player.

I moved network for my main account. ...

Message 9 of 17

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 10 of 17