cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 is a bad lying company

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just in january i took out 2 contracts on the iphone 5 for 24 months then i went back into their stores last month n they are offering 12month deals they lied to me about they did not know it will be released if i wait one more month.. You know what 02 u could go put your services into the bin and stop lying to your customers to tie them down with the same phone for two years. Thank you soo much for lying to a loyal customer when my contracts are over trust me i'm long gone EE seems soo much better with their deals and they don't lie and we get unlimited interent...

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I accept my fault for upgrading stupidly becoz i cud not wait n i was gna get family friends discount which they didnt even apply it on.. They had me go to carphone warehouse for an upgrade as they did not have an 16gb iphone 5 left they said its the same thing well **bleep** off it wasn't dats the only reasob why i said fine i may take the 24 mons for discount because it honestly is very cheap for 24 months and then i take it out 02 tell me i can't apply the discount anymore n dn 12 month contracts was reasled they honestly don't care how they get you to do an upgrade or who gets hurt they just want money

I've read this 3 times and it makes no sense written in this way. Try re-editing it in a more calm manner. 

Message 11 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its just a messed up situation. Thank you for trying to understand me. I'm quite angry and I am writing quite fast. But basically I'm upset with 02 for leaving me stuck like this and i have 4 contracts with them. At least they could try and do something to help but they only say sorry but we can not do anything.. Do I not have any rights? If a consumer is put into a contract they didn't want and wanted to cancel I believe they should have that right. I returned the phones back when I started having trouble which was in the 7 days of purchase and boy did they play me around left me in the store crying.. I just want to let it go but honestly I can't, it upsets me when i've been so faithful to them they are just ignorant.
Message 12 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear how much this has upset you, let me try to address a few of your points.

The O2 stores don't know what tariffs will be available for what handsets a month in advance. Things, especially this year, are actually moving really quickly and deals are changing all the time. We received an email the other day saying the iPhone 5 was free for staff on a certain tariff for the next 2 days only - that's how quick it went!

version7point0, who posted on the previous page, works in an O2 store and should be able to discuss what offers are currently available with you should you want to make sure you are taking out the best deal.

CPW, as you have noticed, may offer better deals on handset prices and things - but unfortunately you can't apply friends and family discounts to any contracts purchased from them. If the person in the O2 store knew you wanted the discount added then they shouldn't have sent you there - that was a bit silly on their part.

Luckily you have a change of mind period. With O2 directly it is 7 working days but I can't remember exactly what Carphone Warehouses is - but you can cancel with them and retake the contract out through an O2 shop, the O2 website or over the phone with O2 and when it comes you can apply for the friends and family discount.

Hope you manage to get everything sorted - as you have 4 contracts I know it is important that you are getting the best deal and the best service on them all!

Message 13 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
totally agree o2 are selling and trapping customers in contracts that suit the company and are not disclosing that the contracts cannot be changed in any way
Message 14 of 36

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Duplicated (inaccurate) post.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm sorry i'm not quite sure how you mean?

o2 does not force you to sign and gives you the terms and conditions plus a cooling off period to make sure you are happy with your contract.

some companies dont do this.

I cant logically see any reasoning in your statement

Message 16 of 36

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 17 of 36

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
totally agree o2 are selling and trapping customers in contracts that suit the company and are not disclosing that the contracts cannot be changed in any way

Very silly posts, look up the word "contract", before posting such rubbish.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 18 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Why don't people read what theyare signing up to? Not hard is it.

Me want shiny shiny now NOW NOW wink

Message 19 of 36

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It seems that the minimum age for contracts should be increased to 21 or 25 as 18 is obviously not old enough for some children slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 36