cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 Travel- message you are not subscibed to a mobile data service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have sim only contract but also 02 travel and when I am abroad I get the usual text that says welcome to X you are on 02 Travel. I am chrged the travel fee. however i cannot get the mobile data as I get a message that  I am not subscribed to a mobile data service.

This has happened in France , Ireland and Greece. When I queried this with my 02 store in UK they said to check I have data roaming and mobile data switched on . I am now abroad again and checked both are on but I still get the - not subscribed- message.

can you help?

I am using a friends internet now.

very grateful for any ideas.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144360 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
IPhone?
This message usually means your APN is wrong.
You should be on iData for overseas use so check and if it says mobile.o2.co.uk change the mobile to idata.
You might also have the wrong tariff for idata to work in which case CS can change it for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144360 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
IPhone?
This message usually means your APN is wrong.
You should be on iData for overseas use so check and if it says mobile.o2.co.uk change the mobile to idata.
You might also have the wrong tariff for idata to work in which case CS can change it for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous How are you doing? Did MI5's advice above help you out in the end or are you still struggling with the data?

Message 3 of 3