cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 Default showing on account, that was meant to have been closed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am receiving late payments from o2, from a phone which I returned within the 14 days. I then rang o2 after returning it and they informed me that they had received the phone and the contract was cancelled. I then got a letter saying I owed money to o2, which I then rang o2 and the man on the phone said it was a mistake and said he credited the account to balance it out.

I checked my credit score and I have late payments and a default. So I went straight on live chat this time and the agent said the account had been closed and I should have not received those marks on my credit score and to contact my credit report agency.

I have tried emailing CreditFileReferrals@o2.com on the 29th June 2016 and nobody has got back to me.

Noodle Credit Report said they tried to contact o2 and had no response. I received a letter from Noodle saying 'Callcredit is unable to amend an entry without the permission of the organisation responsible for suplying it and as a result, we cannot assist you futher with this dispute. The disput entry will remain suppressed from your credit report, however, please bear in mind that o2 UK Limited can remove the suppression at any time.'

As you can understand it is having a big impact on my credit report, which is adding stress and annoyance to myself. I've been trying to get this removed from my credit report for months now and I am getting nowhere.

I'm hoping somebody can assist me on the forums. Thanks

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yet to hear anything from anybody at o2 😕

I will tag @Toby into the thread @Anonymous. There may be something he can do to help you....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

You have to do the chasing unfortunately. ....

Indeed...but as @Anonymous has been chasing since before he posted on this forum 10 days ago.. he should have heard something from them by now @jonsie? slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been chasing for over two months now. My credit score froze for a while, when I contacted noodle. Its now dropped even more 😕

Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the exact same thing happen to me. I paid off my phone before my contract was due to finish so I could upgrade & then next thing I know, O2 are still trying to take money every month & claiming I owe them money. I was fuming & in fact my biterness is slightly coming back as I write this haha. Still rebuilding my credit score from this!  

Message 15 of 16

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous I'm one of the Community Managers on this forum. Welcome to the forum, and sorry to hear about your bad experience. I have sent you a Private Message for some details, please check. 

Message 16 of 16