cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 Default showing on account, that was meant to have been closed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am receiving late payments from o2, from a phone which I returned within the 14 days. I then rang o2 after returning it and they informed me that they had received the phone and the contract was cancelled. I then got a letter saying I owed money to o2, which I then rang o2 and the man on the phone said it was a mistake and said he credited the account to balance it out.

I checked my credit score and I have late payments and a default. So I went straight on live chat this time and the agent said the account had been closed and I should have not received those marks on my credit score and to contact my credit report agency.

I have tried emailing CreditFileReferrals@o2.com on the 29th June 2016 and nobody has got back to me.

Noodle Credit Report said they tried to contact o2 and had no response. I received a letter from Noodle saying 'Callcredit is unable to amend an entry without the permission of the organisation responsible for suplying it and as a result, we cannot assist you futher with this dispute. The disput entry will remain suppressed from your credit report, however, please bear in mind that o2 UK Limited can remove the suppression at any time.'

As you can understand it is having a big impact on my credit report, which is adding stress and annoyance to myself. I've been trying to get this removed from my credit report for months now and I am getting nowhere.

I'm hoping somebody can assist me on the forums. Thanks

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If you wish to complain which is the correct way forward then follow this link http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Google for the email address of Mark Evans, the CEO.
An email to his office may help.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll do that right now. Should I email complaints aswell? I've tried contacting the ombudsman servies, that was also a month ago.. no reply

Message 3 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If you wish to complain which is the correct way forward then follow this link http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 16

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, you need to go through the o2 complaints process before the Ombudsman will hear your case.
However, the CEO's office would usually sit above complaints so should be more effective.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've now emailed complaints and the CEO's office. Hopefully I might get somewhere now with this. Thank you for both your help slight_smile

Message 6 of 16

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good luck

Currently using:
Message 7 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hope all goes well...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 16

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I've now emailed complaints and the CEO's office. Hopefully I might get somewhere now with this. Thank you for both your help slight_smile

@Anonymous don't forget to come back with updates.......this seems to be a regular occurrence with O2.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yet to hear anything from anybody at o2 😕

Message 10 of 16