Did you mean: 

MyO2: See what you can do

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

The MyO2 App is a brilliant way to do many helpful things with your O2 account, such as monitoring your usage and making account changes.

Its a useful thing to refer many members to who post here on the community, as it has so many helpful features. To help you to understand MyO2, as well as if you regularly offer others advice here, I thought I'd put together a small guide on what MyO2 does.

MyO2 screen.jpg

To get the MyO2 App for free on Apple, Android and Windows devices, text MYO2 to 2020.

The features here are listed in terms of how you can use MyO2:

MyO2 App

• View current bills
  • View old bills up to 6 months ago
  • View your tariff details
  • Check your minutes, text and data allowances
  • Make payments
  • Find out your upgrade date              
  • Add and remove bolt-ons
  • (more features expected to be added this year)

If you don’t have a compatible smartphone, don’t forget you can still access many of these features and functionality via the web version ((www.o2.co.uk/myo2), so long as your phone has an internet browser and access to the internet via Wifi or 3G. 

If using your computer is a bit more convenient for you, the MyO2 desktop version has you covered, where you can manage even more aspects of your account, such as;
  • Change your tariff
  • Print bills
  • View and track orders
  • Change your payment details
  • View historical data usage

MyO2 is also great for using when you have a Sharer plan. Sharer plans are Pay Monthly tariffs that allow the data allowance from one device to be shared with another. For example, if you have two O2 Pay Monthly mobiles in your family, and one is on an O2 Refresh tariff with a data allowance of 1GB or more, the data can be shared with the second phone. You just need to switch it to a Sharer Plan tariff once your contract is up.

The lead device can share its data allowance with up to nine other's devices; either mobiles, tablets or SIMs. Extra devices can be added to the Sharer Plan at any time. And you can have more than one lead device too. Remember though – Sharer Plans are only available for Pay Monthly customers.

My O2 is an invaluable resource to you if you use Sharer data. You can use it to:

• Check data allowances
  • Check if you're eligible to change to a Sharer Plan
  • Increase your core data allowance in order to use Sharer Data
  • Switch out of a Sharer Plan
  • Add data Bolt Ons for a temporary data increase for the month
  • Upgrade your tariffs.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I only use the PC version as I am normally using that anyway...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
Mainly the app to keep track of allowances.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent guide Toby, although I'm surprised that you didn't mention that it was a convenient way of accessing the community forums  Surprised

But in answer to your question, I use the App when I'm skiving at work, and the desktop version when I'm at home Destroy

Message 13 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've a question for you @Toby.

Why does the desktop version of these forums display text differently to the mobile version?

What I'm talking about, is the apparent double line spacing that appears when you insert a line break  Smiley Indifferent

Message 14 of 20

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous.

I may add that point about community access, thanks for that!

With regards to the line-spacing, that is (I believe) to how the text converts to a mobile with the forum software. I will however look into options for changing this from our perspective. 

Get involved:

Message 15 of 20

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Can i request a feature? I have really taken the the widget section of IOS and my banks include a quick glance feature. Could we have something like this for allowence left and current bill usage?

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 16 of 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

The whole billing section needs a total revamp @L_W_Ward. Folk need a degree in Maze Management before they can view everything they need.Confused

I agree 'quick glance' would be an excellent feature though...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 20

L_W_Ward
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I love it with the banking apps. Many times i've gone "I can afford this new item of want not need" then I bring down the notifications and say "never mind"

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 18 of 20

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

I shall feed this back to the rest of the team @L_W_Ward. If you have any other suggestions, don't hesitate to post them.

Get involved:

Message 19 of 20

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Thanks for some of the feedback made on this thread. As a couple of you have mentioned billing features, the team behind the My O2 app wanted to let you know that the most recent version of the app now allows online payments for your airtime and device payment plan bills. I know this is something some of you have asked for and fedback on, so let us know your thoughts on this update please slight_smile

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 20 of 20