cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps haven't synced during setup

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone help please - I have received my new 5S this morning just setting it all up and followed all the instructions re do the phone language/wifi etc on screen setup then chose the option to setup from iTunes backup (which I did for my old 4S only an hour beforehand). Anyway, everything has transferred including photos, settings, email accounts, contacts, music etc....everything apart from all of my Apps. I have all of the standard icons on there such as Notes, Clock, Reminders etc etc but none of the Apps I had downloaded to myphone previously.

If I go to the Apps tab on iTunes they're all there but still not on my phone. Under the iPhone tab where it says how much space youve got left, the Sync button is greyed out I guess because it's up to date.

Any idea what I've done wrong or what I can do to transfer all of my Apps without having to download each one individually?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Have you tried a backup via iCloud ?

Look at re authorising your computer.

Re-Authorize iTunes & the Computer

If syncing fails, the Sync button is greyed out and not available at all, or if you try to sync and nothing transfers over to the iPhone, iPod, or iPad, you may simply need to authorize the computer with iTunes:

• Open iTunes with the iOS device attached to the computer through USB
  • Pull down the “Store” menu and choose “Deauthorize This Computer”
  • Now go back to the Store menu and choose “Authorize This Computer”
  • Fill in the Apple ID and password information, then choose “Authorize”
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply but that hasn't done anything. I have now found the Apps under a list in my iPhone tab and clicked install next to some of them. Not all of them are shown in this list though, including some paid for ones.

Now it is really bugging me because I have tried re-installling these Apps and some of them are just there on my phone now but greyed out so I can't open them. I have tried accessing the APp Store on my phone and where it would say 'install' it says 'open'. I click on this and it takes me to the icon  which is greyed out as described above. One of them (Sky News) even says waiting underneath but with no progress bar and it has been like that for some time.

I don't remember having these problems the last time I updated my previous iPhone!

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Restrictions.

Is Restriction enabled?

If so, turn it off

Again....Also try re booting the iphone by pressing the top button and home button until the apple logo appears and let go. 

Try Settings > General > Reset > Reset all Settings

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

And now it's saying I have to download 7.0.1 and it's saying 5 hours remaining!

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

And now it's saying I have to download 7.0.1 and it's saying 5 hours remaining!

As far as i can tell thats a bug fix for the iPhone 5s and 5c according to internet chatter.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/09/20/ios-7-0-1-update-now-avialable-iphone-5s-iphone-5c/

Was this instigated by the restrictions setting ?

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

No checked the restrictions as suggested and they were disabled. The update just came as a pop up like shown in the link you put above. I am reluctant to turn off using the home button/lock function because it's doing the software update and wouldn't want to interrupt it. I really appreciate your help though thank you.

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't disturb it either !

And you're very Welcome.

Hope after the update its resolved for you.

slight_smile

Message 8 of 8